Should I sell both of my GPUs and buy a 980ti or sell one of them and upgrade monitors?

That's more than a fair point. It is great having more than one monitor. I really like the asus mx239h sharp looking monitor and has a nice slim bezel. But it is more money than most 23inch monitors.

That's a nice monitor, but I need ones with VESA mounts. They'll be mounted to my wall.

Perhaps the LG 24mp77hmAlso has nice slim bezel and VESA mount

Jeez. That's way out of my price range. Looking to spend about $160 per monitor give or take a few.

Alright, I made up my mind. I'm just going to go the 980ti route. I can see now that three nice monitors will run me close to a grand. Gonna have to do that at a later date.

Fair enough. Might not get as slim of a bezel in that price range but I'm sure you will find somthing

Sort of fell in love with that LG 24mp77hm. lol

I'm going to save up for three of those.

1 Like

Sorry my bad.

1 Like

Just to open this back up the FuryX and 980ti are now tied for performance. https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/fury-x-leaps-ahead-of-980ti-with-the-latest-windows-10-drivers/91044

You should just buy a 40" 4k display, and then just wait and see for next gen before replacing your GPUs

I saw that. If they made a custom air cooled, regular size Fury X, I'd jump on it. By regular size, I mean like 10+ inches.

I've already decided to hold off on the monitor upgrades.

Unless your current GPUs are really holding you back you should probably just wait for the next gen cards to upgrade

1 Like

No, they're not holding me back. I hardly ever game on my GTX 970. The last time I fired up a game was last month for an hour or so. I just pretty much surf the web and watch youtube videos. And my 390x is being used as a coaster...

Just wanted to upgrade for shits and giggles.

Shits and giggles is the best kinda.

Well than ya might as well just upgrade to a 4k display and get a ton of vertical screen real estate.

Or do something crazy and get a Fury Nano and build a super compact PC

so wait why do you have a 390x and a 970, on 900p displays? were the displays just really cheap?

These three monitors are left over from my i5 2500k + HD 7950 PC build back a few years ago. I just never upgraded from them.

AMD´s eyefinity seems to be more superiour then Nvidia surround, from what i have heard.

i would just upgrade the monitors, and look how triple 1080p performs in eyefinity on your 390X.
Before you upgrade any gpu.

Yeah... Surround screws up sometimes... A reboot usually fixes it.

Well upgrade from them before your GPU man, keep the 390x and go for the 4k display, within the next year or so HBM2 GPUs are going to be out, and they'll be able to drive 4k much better than our current stuff