Should i get Elite: Dangerous?

Freelancer is the best space game since the Cavemen first came out of the caves.

By “difficult to obtain nowadays”… what do you mean ? Can I actually buy it somewhere ??

1 Like

EBay physical copy I guess.
I don’t mind pirating that crap. Microsoft don’t want to get my money, so I will not give it to them…
Anyways Freelancer is my favorite space combat and everything game… Still far far away from my top5, but still…

Soooo… the game is exactly what i thought it was? Not a game at all. You have to “roleplay” to enjoy E:D according to this guy? This sounds like EVE all over again. I think people using the term roleplaying today in gaming don’t actually know what it means. From what i’ve seen in EVE and in this video, “roleplaying” =

Roleplaying is playing a ROLE/being a type of character using whatever the game can actually PROVIDE you with so you can play that role. Not FUCKING PRETENDING. Pretending in a VIDEO GAME is so fucked, i can’t even come up with a comparison. This is just another digital space for the mentally ill. This isn’t a fucking video game. Trying to argue against this is trying to argue against logic. Now tell me why i shouldn’t pull the pin off a hand grenade and sit still?

/Thread.

Case in point.

1 Like

I think ED is faithful to the elite franchise, bringing updated physics, graphics and story elements to the franchise.
Is it groundbreaking? Not really, but it is out, and playable.
And fun!
I expect to enjoy X4 before SC actually launches, but when SC hits, I’mma planning to play the shizzles out of it!

2 Likes

Yeah i think you (and i constantly do, anyway) are forgetting SC is actually a couple years away from Beta. Nevermind full release. With 3.0 just being an Alpha version, which is insane. It just makes me want to forget about the game altogether. 2 years. Until BETA. Holy fuck.

Star Crappizen was a couple years away from Beta back in 2013, when it was anounced, that it will feature AMD’s new API - Mantle. Back then SC had a release date and everything. It had a schedule. That is the time of release of 200 series graphics cards from AMD.
So Mantle have become Vulkan now and we are awaiting the release of 600 series of graphics cards from AMD and yet - no Star Craft…
As the money became more and more and the scope grew and grew like a schoolboy’s willy discovering internet, the release date moved away and away and away… Hello there survival games on steam, some of you may even come out before Sistine Chapel actually gets finished or released or whatever.

1 Like

Yeah i’m kind of done with that shit, now. Derek Smart ended up being right. This shit’s ridiculous. Just a hype train. It’s like Rockstar unveiling new vehicles as they do for their DLCs. BEFORE the game comes out. This is simple logic, a 9 year old should be able to figure it out. What fucking trash.

I guess it’s just waiting until someone actually makes an open world Sci-Fi game.

Locked for obvious reasons. Learn how to thread.