Shooting at Youtube HQ

I don’t believe youtube should be held accountable for the incident. But @Eden I am a little curious how you feel the same. In the past you expressed the accoster may be held liable for their actions. In this case Youtube knew they were demonetizing the content people relied on for income.

whackbeehive.gif

:thinking:

True and its how “hate speech” is growing bigger and it’s starting to be your fault as well too.

In the end we must be sheep. Unless your the megacorp who is exempt from judgement and makes the rules.

Not at all, if I used a racial or religious epithet to trigger your murderous rage that could be a separate issue, but the murdering was all on you.

1 Like

Yes it would be the other persons fault, yet you did/said something that triggered the response. That doesn’t justify it, it just means it didn’t happen out of nothing, which i think is the same in the womans case. She might have thought that it was personal though, being unaware of code, algorytm etc. Put’s people in the risk of taking it personally. Thinking there is someone, who has an agenda against one. Without this technical knowledge, it puts even more people at risk. Perhaps youtube could be more open about it, as in writing a FAQ, based on the algorytm

That is the point I was getting at. It is true that you can’t always just blame mega corporations for making a change on a product that lead to someone to lose their mind and shoot up a school. But in this case, youtube is in charge of monetization and distributing money to users, and that can have a pretty big effect on their users daily lives in some cases (though people do also rely on things like Patreon as well). Even minor changes to an algorithm can have a pretty big effect on how much money a person earns.

In this case it affected a crazy woman and triggered her to shoot some youtube employees in protest.

I will take a few steps back here and say that I don’t know the laws as well as I think I do. But as said by another poster in this thread, it’s just garbage business practices by youtube, and unstable people.

YouTube absolutely should be more transparent and their actions have been stupid and harmful. That’s a conversation worth having (and plenty of people are having it)! I think we probably all agree on that.

We know that was indeed the trigger for this mass-shooting. We all agree on that too.

And now you just said it doesn’t justify the attacks either. So we’re all in agreement. Lets hug it out!

5 Likes

Btw, where did you live? SPOILER >>> Now, that’s a joke!

in another thread pls

2 Likes

I can agree with this.

Also, I don’t know if this video has been posted here, but this is trending at #1 on youtube Canada…

I think it sums up the shooter pretty well.

1 Like

This thread has gotten ridiculous.
This woman shot individuals with families she didn’t somehow shoot the YouTube policies we’re all frustrated with and nothing she did is going to fix anything, if anything, expect shit to get worse now.

Some of you should be ashamed for your line of thinking

2 Likes

Exactly, we can and should choose to take our eyeballs elsewhere if we disagree with their policies. Provided we aren’t forced by law to use something, it will shrivel into obscurity if it cannot find a critical mass of suckers.

Trouble is that we’ve had multiple generations actively deprived of their self-reliance at every turn with zero tolerance, re-writing history and expansion of power based on a bogus interpretation of “interstate commerce”.

One of the most valuable things my father ever asked me when I was a kid and suggesting “they should” (don’t even recall what nanny-state nonsense I was undoubtedly proposing as a mush-headed kid):

He asked, “who’s they?”

2 Likes

p.s. in the context of mass-shooters who more often than not it seems “every one knew” they were going to go off the handle at some point…

The lack of self-reliance prevalent today makes people afraid to speak out. To do something. To step up to a relative, friend, neighbor, or stranger in crisis and say the hard thing to them - “dude… you need help”.

People think the only thing they can do is dial 9-11 and let “they” and “them” solve their problems. There are a lot of steps in between “I’m concerned” and “swat that guy”.

People get their panties all bunched up when you talk about community and “the family values” because such things have, throughout history, been used as an excuse to be a tyrant, bigot, misogynist, all around jerk, etc… and I am the opposite of a people person, but we’ve thrown the baby out with the bathwater in our rejection of community, family and religion.

This.

1 Like

I don’t think there were targets, more or less someone pissed at youtube. Either YT is going to figure it out or this is just going to happen again and again.

4Chan has been going hard on it tho

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/304332340778237953/431354303995969536/aPjZ4eR_460swp.webp

2 Likes

For now my friend… :slight_smile:

I dont condone murderous ever. Killing to WIN is only for the governments to decide when they need oil control. However triggering people is now a thing you should not do within shrinking limits. Say I say “Your mum licks my balls so well”… /shrug.

“Allah licks my balls so well”…Now Im in trouble for flying spaghetti gods.

Teach my girls friends dogs the handshake trick to “Hail Hitler” instead of “Shake Hands” and on you tube that’s hate speech and found guilt in the UK.

How a middle aged woman was triggered enough to do a mass shooting over YouTube’s fucking creators over for Advertisers. I will never know. But the platforms shittness is a thing all the children are addicted to like drugs.

Kids cant even read a web page to learn a skill. It must be a YouTube how to.

While this woman was insane. The control YouTube has is also insane because its so ingrained in kids to old farts like me. Im an introvert, will never have a YouTube channel. But the people that put time and effort into content to be judged not worth money over the same thing from others who get paid money is going to trigger people to at least rant.

Well she’s been declared /OURGIRL/ by /pol/ so i guess channel 4 is only really ok with vegans when you can meme them.
The more i learn about her the more weird it gets,
she was obviously deeply disturbed, she needed an enemy and YT was right there, just the thing, a “heartless corporation” to rail against.
A confused and bitter ideologue pushed over the edge.
And it will only get worse.

When something is declared, especially on 4chan,reddit etc. Always be skeptical, most of the stuff there is not as real as you might think. There are mods, that control the course, bots that influence the debate and trolls for the sake of being trolls & more, so don’t take those “social medias” or whatever the frack they are (or even supposed to be) to seriously.

tin%20foil%20suit

1 Like

1 Like