Shooting at Youtube HQ

YouTube absolutely isn’t responsible for the actions of that evil individual.

They should have invested in better security. But that isn’t blaming them for someone else’s actions.

3 Likes

In fact theres an event simpler comparison.

You don’t have the right to kill someone because they fired you from your job. And its not the employers fault you were fired.

The same applied so anything. Your not at fault because someone commited a crime against you or anyone else and then blamed you for why they did it.

Better security is definitely a reasonable recommendation.

2 Likes

Sure. I don’t even need my palantir for that.

Imagine you are a musician and you have this great, giant concert hall whenever you want and free of charge but they don’t also tell anyone about your gig so not a lot of people show up. Do you

A: Take your gun to the place and start shooting people

or

B: Try something that doesn’t involve shooting people?

If your answer is A, you are a crazy person. And no, nobody else is responsible for you shooting people. That is just not how that works. You were free to work somewhere else, get a different job, whatever.

2 Likes

It seems that you do.

The problem is the blind hate for youtube has seeped into something completely separate.

If someone shot up Monsanto, would you blame Monsanto?

What about this situation could possibly make youtube at fault?

The thing you don’t seem to understand is:

You are not required to use YouTube.

7 Likes

That example is a local one, youtube is global. One is full of code, the other is what a giant concert hall? Surely, you can find better examples?

People are trying to get global recognition and does so by youtubes policy/process, and maybe other things. Which you can share??

to much of a difference to compare those two in my opinion

So is Vimeo. If they didn’t like youtube, move to Vimeo.

Yes, i would partially blame monsanto. So many are fast to show a black&white world where one is the offender and the other the victim…

You tell that to billions of chinese using waibu or whatever it was i forgot. Anyway point being it’s where things are happening and people flock there because of that…

And if they fail at that, they start shooting people? And that is someone else’s fault?

How?

So I skipped a bunch of pages here, just let me get this straight, Bruger believes YouTube asked to be shot up when it demonetized some nut’s videos? That is some crazy-ass shit right there.

Don’t ban him, mods!

3 Likes

No. But Bruger does seem to believe they are partially at fault because of the demonetization and delisting policies in place.

Theres no difference, what hoops are you jumping through to come to these conclusions.

The actions she took are unacceptable in any kind of situation. it doesn’t matter who the audience is or whos running what. Attempted murder is not a solution, and in any situation like this if your trying to kill someone, it’s your fault no one elses.

Your line of thinking is dangerous.

So I’m guessing when boiler snake goes on a rampage its gonna be ok right?

This is closer to what i think. Because of those and whatever else youtube and or other corps are doing. They are partially to blame and that is what i believe, if im getting banned for that, byebye :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain you’re not getting banned for it. You can have opinions that differ from the mods.

Also, you haven’t broken any rules to my knowledge.

That said, I think you’re making some jumps in logic that aren’t warranted and are either misinformed or irrational.

I don’t dislike you Bruger, I just disagree with your opinion.

2 Likes

Your not going to get banned for having a different opinion lol

1 Like

I was making a joke, in that banning him might be grounds for him to track you down and murder you. Haha, funny, right?

1 Like

I kind of get where you are coming from.
The big internet companies certainly have shaped society. So the overall setting is at least related to them.
However that line of thought then goes back to the inventor of computers, then to the powergrid, discovery of electricity, metal refining and you are at the cavemen in 600.000 BC

According to German law, you are only guilty of supporting a violent crime when you tell the acting criminal directly to do a certain action. I would imagine the US got it in a similar way.

Could we not joke about the life of other human beeings?

mBaaLuz

1 Like

Well it’s probably funnier when it’s someone else getting murdered.

@MazeFrame: It wasn’t really a joke.

thatsthepoint.jpg

2 Likes