Shooting at Youtube HQ

Let me ask you this:

Do you believe that if youtube isn’t equally promoting your videos, you have the right to KILL PEOPLE?

If so, I recommend you get professional help.

1 Like

Maybe it’s time people gave up their dreams of YouTube glory, it was a long shot before they made any changes to the algorithm.

2 Likes

That and most of the time, if you’re making videos to try to get glory, you don’t make good quality content. Producing content because of a passion is really what makes quality.

3 Likes

I can’t totally blame this woman. How many youtubers out there made empty threats to youtube for losing subscribers and monetization from Youtube’s ever changing analytic’s algorithms?

I am not encouraging more people to go out and shoot up youtube’s HQ. Just pointing out that it was a matter of time before some unhinged youtuber was going to do something like this out of outrage.

I feel like it was something that was waiting to happen.

1 Like

Not because of anything YouTube did. That’s a dangerous road to go down.

1 Like

I’m done
ImpishFeminineHeterodontosaurus-size_restricted

6 Likes

There was definitely a situation brewing, but the problem is that venting and idle threats are different from actually going out and shooting people. I knew it was going to come to a head at some point, but I can’t say I expected this.

I can. It’s easy. Youtube didn’t ask her to shoot up the place, Youtube didn’t bully her or prod her or push her to the edge. They made some policy changes on a platform she has the choice not to use that she didn’t like. Her actions were her own and were brought out by irrational thought processes. This victim blaming is not acceptable.

Let me answer with a question, do you think that YouTube has the right to put people on the border of who knows what by algorithm or code, either manually or automatically?

I don’t think that youtube’s algorithmic or manual delisting or whatever makes them have any semblance of guilt in the events the other day.

There are two alleged offences here. Murder and moving entries in a database.

Youtube is a private company, they are allowed to remove videos or demonetize if they see fit.

Also how would they know that a user on their site is about to go shoot up their building because of demonetization?

3 Likes

Yes.

YouTube is not responsible for bad peoples bad behaviour.

2 Likes

It would be like someone shooting up L1 because they were suspended or their posts were removed because they didn’t comply with the rules or guidelines. L1 is to blame because they shot someone? I don’t think so.

4 Likes

This.

If you choose to use a free service the least you should be aware of is that it is their playground. Not yours. They make the rules. If you don’t like that, play somewhere else.

2 Likes

I’m not going to be giving youtube a free pass for what happened. They are at fault too. But I just mean that Youtube is a website that hosts millions of channels, when they mess around with monetization practices and change policies to make videos less visible on a global scale, they are bound to piss off and frustrate a percentage of their userbase.

When I say that “I don’t blame her” I just mean, there are more than likely a percentage of people like her on youtube who probably are ticking time bombs that will go off the rails in a manor like this. I just mean “crazy is going to crazy”, and when there are millions of users on one website, there is a good chance of something like this will eventually happen.

To me it is a “law of averages” type of deal. Which was what I was getting at.

You just can’t predict what individuals are going to do on a service like youtube that hosts millions of people. Going by this woman’s youtube channel, yeah she did look a little crazy even though she did follow youtubes terms of services and rules. Youtube’s monetization changes was the thing that triggered her.

2 Likes

Ok, so know you know what youtube is doing. Stop bullshitting, i cant answer a serious question when all the clairvoyant’s come out and predict/tell what others are doing.

One piece of code or more can be enough to change a lot on a screen. So of course, not all are the same and can’t handle it the way you or others do…

In a previous life I ran a large (for the time, talking ~1999 here) network of gaming sites and forums, and it was downright common for people to threaten to kill me after being banned. You’ve got to figure some small percentage of those internet ragers will actually go through with it.

And that was just being banned from an internet forum. Now imagine you depended on YouTube revenue to pay your rent, it was actually your livelihood, and I took that away.

Now increase the number of people being impacted by, god, we had maybe 30k uniques per day? YouTube has what, 1.3 billion? So, a factor of 48,333%?

1 Like

Right, that’s why most companies have security. But should you be at all to blame for someone wanting to harm you?

2 Likes

Since you find me eligible for this question, which is ridiculous without border. Surely, though can also answer it for me my lord? If not, fear not, fellow clairvoyant @noenken is here and has the same super abilities as you do

So how is youtube responsible? This is horrible path to walk down if your not careful.

This does not give them the right to shoot people. Bit life tip, life isn’t all happy or easy, things will piss you off or frustrate you all the time through your life, that doesn’t give anyone the right to harm people, if people did that we wouldn’t be around now.

No, it’s perfectly alright to blame her. She shot people. Now you could argue that maybe she wasn’t brought up well, or maybe she had a mental health issue, or had no concept of personal responsibility. The fact still remains, she shot people, yes, you can blame her.

Based off current information, i’ve been through worse than she has for things not going right in life, don’t see me taking that out on people’s lives.

Exactly. There’s that messed up kid from Florida a little while back who shot up the school. He was really fucked up. Had pretty much his whole family die on him, all sorts of problems… Doesn’t make it his parents fault for dying.

1 Like