Shooting at Youtube HQ

Youtube was created in 2005 and created an entire industry of “content creators”
legislation has yet to catch up, which is why we have common law

Both take years but common law is faster, the lawsuits working their way through the courts will make law concerning Youtube’s capricious and arbitrary censorship and demonetization policies, until if and when the various legislatures act.
Or the president uses the Sherman act.

I don’t understand the youtube worship, they are as guilty of creating this situation and putting their employees at risk. The resulting lawsuits will bear that out IMHO.
Good luck finding a jury of 12 who will sit in a courtroom, here the word “censorship” a thousand times, and not think of Germany circa 1933 :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s asinine. The first amendment applies to government censorship. YouTube is a privately owned property. They can do whatever they want.

YouTube obviously doesn’t have a monopoly so that argument is similarly foolish.

2 Likes

I think my view has changed slightly though not much. I said this here as well, if YouTube were directly attempting to make her commit a crime, that’s different than what happened here or in that other thread. I think there’s a distinction there that’s important.

Well yeah, 4chan/Reddit has people of the lowest common denominator en mass

Is a lowly cave man.

I think government and mega corps spent a lot on physiologists to plan an manipulate the information to control the mass’s for gain…Be that profit or votes. YouTube sells ad’s so its all about the bass no treble…err Ad’s

And again as a cave man my only defense is to know they are doing that to me.

This women is just a leading edge of broken human that rebelled. I dont condone going postal. Im sure the machine that is YouTube will turn its dials to make profit and not trigger too many humans. We are their product after all. We watch the ads !

1 Like