Shit Muscle Car and Diesel Guys Say

Just found these videos. Pretty fucking funny. Just a joke though not meant to piss anyone off.

5 Likes

This reminds me of talking to one of my friends uncles.

2 Likes

That was epic.

Diesel cars do drive realy great due their high torque at low rpm.

And Diesel fueled cars emit way more NOx (Nitrogen Oxides) than gas powered cars. That is great if you hate your fellow man.

+1

Diesel race engines are great, the times when diesel engines were too heavy to balance a car, when diesel engines vibrated more than petrol engines, and when diesel engines had too heavy flywheels, are long gone.

If it's good enough to win the 24h du Mans with, it's good enough for anyone.

Even back in the 70's, the 24h speed record of over 300 km/h constant was broken by a diesel engine, a 5 cylinder 3.0 liter engine in the Mercedes C-111 super sports car.

Even if diesel emits more NOx than petrol, it's specific, in that it's proportional to the total amount of fuel burnt. Petrol engines burn much more fuel than diesel engines because they are just not as efficient. Governments just falsely interpret data to justify extra taxes on diesel engines for regular cars.

There is also a big difference in quality of turbo aspiration on diesel engines versus petrol engines. Petrol engines mostly have a noticeable turbo lag, and need crazy contraptions like bang-bangs to keep the turbo working. Diesel engines have a much higher compression, and variable turbo geometry does the rest... almost no noticeable turbo lag and a larger and more useful efficient rpm range.

In real life situations, with real life cars, diesel cars outrun petrol cars almost all the time, because of the old saying "horsepower sells cars, torque wins races".

1 Like

Yes definitely.

If the road tax on Diesel cars was not that rediculous high uphere.
I wouldn´t even concider a petrol engined car realy.
Diesel is way more efficient, and due its high torq at low rpm, it also drives realy smoothly.
Diesel engines today are realy sollid, especialy the Fiat / Alfa JTDm´s.

"the difference between a boy and a man is 4 cylinders"