Shirt/Hoodie design thread. - Post your designs

Ask and you shall receive.

My first idea isn't very original, but someone might like it. Often I have to just do the first idea to make room for the next ones and to get the creative juices flowing. These are just ideas, I don't know if they are good or saleable. I am always coming up with ideas. I don't judge, I just do and I judge much, much later. The law of averages says that eventually one of my designs will make someone happy.

edit: Please see rev 2 below.

This is a black and white halftone image so it can be printed. Zoom in to see the nanoscale detail. But I didn't draw too much of this. I only lightened the waste, played with the edge and converted to halftone.

I really wanted to propose something original and drawn by my hand. I am pretty sure that no one in their right mind could come up with my next idea. Well... I am not in my right mind so I'm the perfect guy for the job.

A four eyed spider with 4 monitors, 8 arms & 4 keyboards. I'm sure many Level 1 Technicians would envy this arachnid. I knew a perfect spider would be way too creepy, so I made it a robot spider. Please note that each monitor is reflected in the eye that is looking at it. I like to work in the style of just lines and flat colors. I did not draw the keyboards, but they were altered to fit. The name I came up with for the file reflects my Jamaican heritage.

2 Likes

I am trying to sell this in my DesignByHumans shop. A lot of lookers but no sales yet.
L1T can have my 'PC Skull & Crossbones Race' design if you like.

As a card carrying member of the P.C.S&C.R. our mantra is, "If it ain't broke, then it's time to Upgrade!"

2 Likes

I like this one. would prefer white and red.

My submission.

1 Like

Am I the only one here who would like to see a collaboration with other channels and websites, to create one of those rally driver / brand-whore / sponsor decal plastered jackets or hoodies... customizable, if possible.

Except instead of Toyota, Shell, Akrapovič, Michelin...
... it would be L1T, TeamPGP, AvE, ElectroBOOM, Tech City, Rossman Repair Group (or just the sheep logo, lol), EFF, iFixit, GNU/Linux, N-O-D-E, /diy/, Arduino, etc...

If for nothing else, than just to mock the current Youtube advertiser scum...

edit: i can already see computer technicians of the future using these as basically work uniforms, like those coveralls that mechanics wear at work.

2 Likes

I could just imagine @kreestuh wearing that jacket (she did a pretty funny redneck impersonation in a video) and having a post game interview:

"Well Chet... The Level One Techs, YouTube, Wendell's Linux Accessories, TeamPGP, MSI, Intel, Patreon server was handling the traffic pretty good today, but I wouldn't have made the winners circle without my crew chief Ryan and the rest of the Techs keeping my overclocks stable. Thank guys!"

2 Likes

I knew there was something that e-sports was lacking... The right kind of apparel. This is it!

But seriously now, I should have suggested this as a project on the survey... If anyone could pull it off it's the tech Youtube channels. You'd have one website where you would create your own jacket, put the decals/patches on the jacket yourself and the websites, youtube channels, foundations/organizations would receive money from the sales proportional to how many times their logo was used in a design.

Why wear apparel that promotes only one brand? Is there a better way to spread the word and give these entities the exposure you'd like them to have, than having a ridiculously over-patched uniform (an oxymoron though, since every jacket/hoodie would be unique).

yeah, my tongue was faster than my Google, lol...

I don't know what you are talking about.

1 Like

Wafer rev 2.
This design could work on colored shirts (blue?), the logo box being shirt color with a white L1.

This with Wendell's face <3

1 Like