Setting up for a VM

The best way is to select the 710 as the boot video adapter in the UEFI settings of your motherboard. There are a bunch of things it might be called, if you can’t find it, then you might want to try updating the UEFI.

Otherwise, try swapping the slots that the 710 and 580 are in. I think they would both be currently at PCIe 8x bandwidth, and swapping slots would not change that(assuming that you are using the top two 16x physical slots).

cheers will try UEFI selecting the 710 as boot when I am entering the card ID is it the RX580 and is sound that I input for the vfio/
pcie passthrough?

I have been at this all day with no progress, when I enter the ID like this…softdep amdgpu pre: vfio vfio_pci

vfio
vfio_iommu_type1
vfio_virqfd
options vfio_pci ids=1002:699f,1002:aae0
vfio_pci ids=1002:699f,1002:aae0
vfio_pci
amdgpu

Do I use the host or the guest? the 710 or the RX580 ID?

You use the IDs of the RX580 guest GPU. To take effect you need to update your initramfs and reboot.

thanks, will try again this week.

my mobo doesnt support boot GPU selection ASUS rof srtiz x370. any other options?

Swap the 710 and the 580. Put the 580 in the slot the 710 was in and 710 in the slot the 580 was in.

Long time, no progress. As it is now, I follow the tutorial, I have multiple tabs open of people with their little finds and workarounds but every time I try this, I reboot and run spci -nnv |less I still get a return of amdgpu on the VGA and vfio on the audio. I tried Antergos as well but honestly that guide is no guide there is a lot of missing information. Any ideas or suggestions? I am sick of windows but all the games of 2019 I will be playing are native windows and through ubisoft or origin. Cheers.