Setting up a bot

Before I get into this, mods, if I posted this in the wrong place feel free to move it.

Alright Tek Syndicate, I got a real humdinger for you.

As some of you may know the ammunition shortage is still going stronger than ever. So my dad told me, with my limited software knowledge (and zero coding and scripting knowledge), to create a bot, armed with a credit card, to automatically purchase from the internet. 

But wait there's more!

He wants it done this weekend

So, now that you know what kind of situation I'm in, where on earth would I begin creating a bot to buy online.

Thank you.

anyone?

I believe the way to approach this would depend heavily on the website you would like to purchase from.

gunbroker

You can get an email notification every time something comes up for sale. If you cant get a script, or bot working for it, you can use those.

ok

I don't think this is the best use case for a bot. Unless your buying the ammo in large volume or doing it in some high-frequency trading method -- I think the best course would be to go along with what @Phantom suggested and set alerts based on prices. After you receive the alert you can manually buy it. That is how a lot of stock traders do it. Unless your the hedge fund of ammo, you would probably end up spending more time trying to get this bot setup and working correctly then you would with simple email alerts. 

You could do far worse than to start with this: 

http://phantomjs.org/

Assuming you're on a unix-based os, just create a cron job to run every so often that loads up the website you want to check, have it check the prices, and if they match will out the forms, on the page with your credit card details and you're away. 

[Video]

[PDF]