Selling My Gaming Rig!

I think i've got some old pentium 4's laying around. Will that do?

I used LGA 755 i7s, myself.

Damn. Those things are bloody expensive. What could I do with all of the PCI ethernet cards and IDE drives i'm swimming in? Could I use those on the cats?

why dont you just part it out?

Dude, why are you so sad, you BOUGHT IT FOR $600 and upgraded it using like $150 which by today's standards is probably worth $100. The computer you bought at RETAIL PRICE is probably marked up by at least 30%. If you built your own computer a year ago for $750 you wouldn't have this problem. Please try and remember you bought a crap computer worth next to nothing and you are expecting $500 for it. Don't be sad. You did this to yourself. Build a computer.

To be honest I think you'd be better of starting with a clean slate. Sell off that system (you might get $400+) for it on eBay as people tend to be pretty clueless there about buzzwords such as MASSIVE RAM and SUPER FAST. Then do something like FX6300 GTX760. (Or do you use OpenCL?) as I know in the UK 7950s are hard to come by cheap now because all the ones left were bought up by Cryptocoin miners.

P.S I wouldn't go with a Phenom II now, the older instruction sets do take their toll. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/699?vs=102

Guys, you do realize this is a 6 month old thread? I'm all for necroing threads if they are relevant, but this isn't at all, so I'm going to call for a mod to delete/lock this.

Haha, I never noticed.