Selecting Media Server OS

I used MythTV for years in a configuration more or less like you are describing. I got so sick of screwing with it that a bought a Tivo Roamio OTA, which has a sort of spastic Plex client baked in. There used to be a program called tvheadend that had almost no features the last time I looked at it. It "might" be better now.

been unable to get cable channels so im giving up on the live tv for now. the rest of the server is up and running as expected under Fedora 25.

So, it turns out that my carrier is actually analog for some unknown reason. Go figure. Good thing I have an old TV Wonder Pro card laying about. The problem is I cant get it to be recognized.

under lspci I get:

05:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Device 0000:8290 (rev 01)

I have tried to build the latest version of the v4l-dvb drivers/firmware as well as the latest version of the bbtv drivers for the c88x stuff. It never succeeds in building. Really annoying as all I need for the card to work is the drivers to install and identify the card.

Any further progress with the Hauppauge 1250? I put some RAM into the ole' z800 and took the Hauppauge out while I was in there, but now I see it just sitting on the desk, I want to do a VM build and get this thing ingesting and putting my NAS to work.

the Hauppauge 1250 I have in there only works with Digital media signals. I will have to get something to handle analog until my carrier finally switches to digital QAM.