Seeking recommendation: 1440p / IPS / 27 G-SYNG

HI my name is jim and i am from greece
I was looking for some 1440p 27 size monitors to get. Here is a list I thought were good. , Acer xb271hu, Aoc AG271QG, , viewsonic XG2 703 GS… If you guys have other recommendations please answer me! . I like ips panels because they have the best colors but even ways if anyone can give me other recommendations please answer or give ur experience with what monitor that is 1440p you had. Thanks and have a great day.

my budget is 700 - 800 euros

I have also some links for all these monitors
https://www.skroutz.gr/comparelists/43?compare=8666511%2C10264137%2C10553981%2C7770825

i want to tell me which from these 4 monitors are the best?>?>
which are the positives and the negatives for these 4 monitors

i want to tell me your thoughts for these 4 monitors.
i want to help me and to tell which monitor to buy from these 4>?>?
because in one month i will buy new monitor and i must know which to buy from these 4.

i want to give me every information that you have or that you know for these 4 monitors…

and i am very gratefull that you will help me.//

because i did one mistake is it possible to move this thread which i created and to move in the section with monitors please??

1 Like

I’ll move it for you.

&&

Welcome to the forum!

thanks…

also i have to say this forum is the best and i love it

i hope the most people will help me for which monitor to buy
and to tell me which monitor is best from all these 4.

i dont know and i dont have experience in these monitors

i had read some reviews for these monitors
some people say that Acer XB271HU; is better from viewsonic and some another people said that viewsonic is better for acer
and some another people say that asus monitor is better from acer and viewsonic

for Build quality , Styling,Ghost-free overdrive, Outstanding all-round image quality;;; Great gaming performance
Overclocking mode with 175Hz refresh rate and Excellent builtin profiles for near perfect calibration;;;; picture quality and performance?? which monitor from all these 4 is the best>>?

https://www.skroutz.gr/comparelists/43?compare=8666511%2C10264137%2C10553981%2C7770825

1 Like

That is not necessarily true. There can b really bad IPS panels just as there can be really good VA or TN panels. And while generally most IPS panels come with better colors out of the box it all comes down to calibration, even a real expensive display needs calibration because colors change over time (you won’t notice though because it’s a slow progression).

So, basically what I’m saying is you don’t necessarily need to look for a specific type of panel.

I would also suggest you look at a review site like rtings that actually review monitors properly.

which monitor from all these 4 is the best>>?

my questions is from all these 4 monitors which you believe is better??
did you see the link with all these 4 monitors?

Viewsonic XG2703-GS
AOC AG271QG
Acer XB271HU
Asus PG279Q

do you know which is the best monitor from all these 4?

i want to buy one monitor with 1440p / IPS / 27 G-SYNG

if someone has very big knowlege and experience for these 4 monitors i would like to advise me which to buy from these 4 monitors

i want to help me please
because i dont know which to buy from all these 4 monitors
for Build quality , Styling,Ghost-free overdrive, Outstanding all-round image quality;;; Great gaming performance
Overclocking mode with 175Hz refresh rate and Excellent builtin profiles for near perfect calibration;;;; picture quality and performance?? which monitor from all these 4 is the best>>?

Yes I saw the link, however putting aside that I can’t even read Greek I couldn’t say because I don’t know the monitors.

That being said, if I remeber correctly rtings did test some of those.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/asus/rog-swift-pg279q
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/acer/predator-xb271hu

And there is a similar model for the AOC reviewed.

do you believe that in this forum there will be people who knows for these monitors for to help ,me which to buy??

i am new in this forum and i dont know if there are people who have big knowleges for these monitors?

Acer is using the newest of the AU Optronics panels, followed by ASUS, and then AOG/Viewsonic.

It’s really a toss up between the Acer and the Asus, pick which one you think has the better stand.

AOG and ViewSonic are using the previous generation panel (Same one that the Acer XB270HU used), so unless price is a factor those will likely be inferior.

With IPS there will always be a very slight “smear” effect (similar to a “low” motion blur setting in most games). The Acer and ASUS models are the best the market has to offer right now without having to go to a TN.

Overclocking to 175Hz is going to be hit-or-miss. Both ASUS and Acer are pre-overclocking 144hz panels.

i didnt know that AOG and ViewSonic are using the previous generation panel?

when you say that AOG and ViewSonic are using the previous generation panel?
what you mean because i dont know of these things

also do you believe that Viewsonic XG2703-GS has older panel from Acer XB271HU??

what is the difference between Viewsonic XG2703-GS and Acer XB271HU???

why some people say that the QC panel control, and the quality of this monitor and the colors all these things are better in viewsonic xg2703-gs? from the acer XB271HU??

can you tell me please?

for this reason i am very confused and i dont know which to buy from these 2 monitors//
viewsonic xg2703-gs or acer XB271HU??

also i have heard that the most monitors from asus and acer have alot of problems

so can you answere me in all these things which i am asking please?

The issues people report on for “QC issues” is just the natural backlight bleed of IPS panels. ViewSonic is using the exact same panel as the previous generation Acer XB270HU, and you’ll likely have the same chance of uneven backlight that those monitors have.

The light bleeding is a fact of life with IPS, and sometimes you get lucky and it’s hardly notcible, other times you’ll have one corner that is a bit brighter than the others. It’s not something that’s usually noticible unless you’re looking at a black screen in a dark room.

so this model viewsonic xg2703-gs uses the older panel like Acer XB270HU?

also what is the difference between the panel of viewsonic xg2703-gs with the panel of acer XB271HU?

why the panel of acer XB271HU is better from the panel of viewsonic xg2703-gs?

also a lot of people say that they had problems with acer XB271HU with backbleed and IPS Glow issues and also some people say that Acer products and all ranged from mediocre to pure garbage
can you tell me please?

my questions is from all these 4 monitors which you believe is better??
did you see the link with all these 4 monitors?

Viewsonic XG2703-GS
AOC AG271QG
Acer XB271HU
Asus PG279Q

do you know which is the best monitor from all these 4?

i want to buy one monitor with 1440p / IPS / 27 G-SYNG

if someone has very big knowlege and experience for these 4 monitors i would like to advise me which to buy from these 4 monitors

i want to help me please
because i dont know which to buy from all these 4 monitors

https://www.skroutz.gr/comparelists/43?compare=8666511%2C10264137%2C10553981%2C7770825 1

Firstly, I know you’re new here, but please refrain from creating a new thread about another thread you’ve created. Secondly, in order for anyone to truly know which monitor is the best they would have to have all of them side by side to test. Even then the conclusion in this case would likely be subjective. If it were me I would pick up the Asus because I’ve had a good experience with their products and it’s pretty much identical to the other monitors in terms of specs/color accuracy.

you mean that Acer XB271HU is very good monitor?
also someone told me some things and tell me if you agree

Getting the “perfect” 1440p gaming monitor. Well, i was on the same boat and ended up getting the PG279Q. I have read countless reviews comparing all those monitors you’ve mentioned. And the overall “best” of the bunch from what i’ve gathered is the Viewsonic. Best, meaning it has the least issues and has a little bit better color accuracy and gamma than the others. The Acer is recommended because of its price, it can go $100-200 cheaper than the competition with so little difference regarding picture quality and performance… They all use the same panel anyway from AUoptronics. I got the Asus instead of the Viewsonic cause they are around the same price here in my place and the viewsonic was always out of stock everywhere. Tried the Asus to see how bad the backlight bleed and IPS glow and just do a return if it really bothers me. And yes my unit has one noticeable bleed on the upper right corner and worst IPS glow. Both are noticeable in dark scenes,especially the glow which is so annoying at first, but completely disappears in normal scenes. Decided to just keep it after 2 weeks of using because of how lovely my games looks and forgot about the bleed and glow. I also love the thin bezel so theres that. But yea, just get the Viewsonic if you want the best screen and probably the Acer if youre in a budget. Avoid Asus if you dont like to see tiny flash lights around your screen when playing in a dark room.

for this i want to know from these 2 monitors which to buy??

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/c8zZxr/viewsonic-xg2703-gs-270-2560x1440-165hz-monitor-xg2703-gs

or

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ttnG3C/acer-monitor-xb271hubmiprz

I think the quote sums it up pretty well, basically decide on your situation.

so which to buy from these 2.
?
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/c8zZxr/viewsonic-xg2703-gs-270-2560x1440-165hz-monitor-xg2703-gs 1

or

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ttnG3C/acer-monitor-xb271hubmiprz

the only thing which i dont understand is that why noone in this forum doesnt have these 2 monitors for to tell me some informations//

for these 2 monitors

which monitor you would buy from these 2.,??

I have 2 of the Acers. Both have minimal backlight bleed and no dead pixels at all, so I’m pretty pleased with that after hearing all the horror stories about the early ones.

However sometimes they can mess up the image. Near the middle there’s a 10-ish pixel wide vertical strip that usually is in the right spot, but sometimes it moves to one of the sides. No idea why, but it usually happens when starting or stopping fullscreen games and videos.
Rebooting the monitor or switching inputs back and forth in the menu solves it … until it eventually happens again.

This happens with both monitors in Windows as well as Linux, so I assume it’s a firmware bug and they all have it. A quick search for “XB271HU vertical strip” shows I’m not the only one that has this problem either.
It’s just a quirk that I’ve gotten used to. It’s only mildly annoying, but enough to make me think I wouldn’t have bought them if I knew.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Viewsonic has the same actual panel, but it probably has different electronics and firmware.
So if I would have to buy one or more new monitors today, I’d go for the Viewsonic … after doing a couple of searches to make sure it doesn’t have the same issue, of course.

EDIT : looks like the ASUS version has the same bug, wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a general issue with these 27" 144/165hz IPS monitors

why you would buy the viewsonic?? can you tell me the reasons please?>?>

and also how you know that Viewsonic has different electronics and firmware??

also which monitor you have ?? you have the “XB271HU??

so you believe that the viewsonic is better from “XB271HU??
also you believe that acer XB271HU has fillmware problems??

I have two Acer Predator XB27HU monitors. (on GSA21 gas spring mounts, the original feet were too large)

If I google for “xb271hu vertical strip”, I get several results with forum posts from people who have the same problem with their Acer XB271HU.
The Asus MG279Q has the same problem, but Asus has released a firmware update to solve it. There’s no publicly available update for the Acer, but I’ve read somewhere that people have to send theirs back (and pay shipping) to get it fixed.

If I look for “viewsonic xg2703gs vertical strip”, I don’t get anything relevant. So it looks like the Viewsonic doesn’t have this problem at all.

Seeing as the 27" 144/165hz panels are all basically the same in terms of picture quality, I would buy the one that doesn’t have this annoying bug. For that reason alone, I’d buy the Viewsonic instead of the Acer.

Then again I’m not sure I’d like the thick bezels …