Security breach in Unifying wirelesss protokol of Logitech

Can confirm this. On Latest Fedora, Debian and Ubuntu i get readout of both my MX Master and MX Ergo Battery in the OS without other packages installed. Works with gnome and Plasma for me.

1 Like

Thanks sceps, @Ruffalo and @domsch1988 that cool that it works.

I imagine though the Flow software is not a thing though? Not that I use it. Good to know though that I can just start and use the mouse straight away.

No, but synergy does the same job. Not free but reasonably priced and has worked for me in the past.

1 Like

Yeah, no Logitech Flow, but synergy is free or at least some version of it. Check your repos. Just beware that v2 has more issues. v1 tends to work better. If it’s not in your repos, you can compile from source https://github.com/symless/synergy-core/releases

Oh neat, I had no idea Logitech had their own version of synergy.

1 Like

Yup that’s about the only reason to use the unifying dongle short of not having Bluetooth on your PC.

This is what that Linux complaints have been about, it works otherwise but no Flow, you need the Logitech Options (in the case of the MX Master) software to get it to work. That is not available on Linux, but is on Win and Mac, que the rage posts.

So the question arises, which wireless keyboard / mouse is safe?
Or create your own with 5Ghz wifi and AES encryption :wink:

Is there any chance of third party open-source firmware for the unifying receiver?

Yes and no.

Yes, if you have the knowledge, tech and ability to reverse engineer the hardware and wireless protocol.

No, Logitech will not help with this.