Security Analyst Concludes Windows 10 Enterprise 'Tracks Too Much'

These are excerpts to an overview article for those interested in Enterprise Windows 10

Yesterday, I was testing out some privacy settings in Windows and ran across a bunch of stuff that concerned me. So I ranted about it on Twitter (see thread):

Now those who know me know that I rant about this stuff all the time. Except this time it got quite a few retweets than usual and a lot of others ran with it. As a number of people pointed out, there were some problems with how I applied a couple of the group policy settings. And looking back, I can’t even say I’m 100% sure if I rebooted after applying the settings (although I did do a gpupdate). So no, this was by no means a clean test. It wasn’t meant to be a published finding, it was a Twitter rant.

Not all the criticism towards how I set my settings was valid but I’m not going to bother addressing that. Instead, I ran more formal tests in a controlled environment to get more accurate results.

2 Likes

It is probably even worse than you make it out to be. All version including Enterprise probably has a key logger build into the kernel, meaning it can't be remove without braking the operating system. Microsoft probably would deny it but I wouldn't trust the evil empire (Microsoft)if my live depended on it.

1. It's not "almost like" They really don't want you to opt-out of anything. Hence why it is so hard to do. Come on, don't be so naive.

2. Why should we be fixing a product that somebody else made? Plus I'm not going to fix anything after i paid for it. Wtf is wrong with you? If i buy a printer and it doesn't work as described then the manufacturer will fix it for me or retailer will replace the printer with a working one. Nobody is going to say let's fix this faulty model of printer together that HP released.

Chemistry Analyst Concludes 'Water Is Wet'

1 Like

I believe you misinterpreted the context of ' Let's fix this'

I suppose this is about the normal version of Enterprise?
and not the LTSB-N.

So your saying there is also another version of Enterprise?! Wow... If you have LTSB-N maybe you could try some of these things in a VM if you can?

LTSB-N is a version of enterprise without proprietary applications like cortana, edge, store etc installed.