Securely access Network Storage from DMZ Machine

Hello,

Context: Running two networks, LAN and DMZ. LAN has my local network share and my local machines, etc. DMZ has one server hosting my website and some other public services, like Plex, Sonarr, etc. These devices are on different subnets, vlan aware and the DMZ has no access to the LAN net whatsoever through Firewall rules, etc.

Background: I want to expose services like my Plex instance to the world wide web. I need to share my media from my network share to the DMZ machine securely.

Problem: The DMZ machine is a vm guest on proxmox and has no access to the LAN net. I need a way for my services on the DMZ to access the Network file server on my LAN. They need to be able to read and write to/from them, without exposing the file server to the DMZ network.

Any insights would be incredibly appreciated.

And yes, I know not exposing services is the most secure way of doing things, but I have to say I at least tried :smiley:

:confused:
you don’t want DMZ stuff to access your fileserver, … but you do (LAN fileserver accessing both your LAN and your DMZ)?

or maybe you want a second fileserver on top of same local files that would be allowed to talk to DMZ only?

or maybe you want a fileserver inside the DMZ, and another inside the LAN with separate file storage?