Secure boot

I want to wipe windows off of my hard drive ... secure boot is preventing me from doing that. can any one help me please ... no iso with the exception of tails will load ... microsoft is a virus

Shut down windows first, by default it just hibernates.
From cmd:

shutdown /f /s

i went to install windows 7 and deleted the partitions prior to initating install ... so i am left with only bios w/ secure boot enabled & i am unable to disable it ... so i can't load an iso ... windows 7 or even boot n nuke ... but i can run tails from a flash drive ... what do you think my solution ?

You should be able to disable secure boot in the bios. Also, secure boot was introduced starting with Win8, so 7 isn't recognized by secure boot. You should be able to boot from an 8 or 10 iso if you have one, but disabling SB in the bios is way easier; the option is supposed to be there unless you were running RT. Ubuntu, Fedora, an a few other distros are also supposed to play nice with SB, so it might be easier to troubleshoot with those.

i set a supervisor pw & changrd boot to legacy ... btw it wont recognize windows 7 or mint 17 or 18 but will recognize 'tails' ???

maybe gparted live