Second Game Progress

Main Thread Here: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/game-development-challenge-12-games-12-months/111392?u=pointassasin

Second game of 12 maybe 14, i still don't know, and maybe its gonna be more than a year, because im having too much fun learning game development.

Anyway, for the second game i will integrate multiplayer, wich means another big hurdle, but i think i already know the answer, which is local multiplayer.

Codename: Trial by Combat
Type: 1 vs 1/Fighting/local multiplayer
Characters: 4 but 2 at first, then i will update later on.
Plataform: Android/PC
Levels: Procedural Levels( i hope)
Damage System: yes
Animations: Attack,Dodge,Jump.Idle.Run,Wall Jump(Wall Jump will be added later on)
Health bar: yes
Stamina bar: no, i hate stamina bars.
Form of scoring: Defeat the oponent (no limit time)
Challenges: The only thing that has stopped me, its the animations and the art, and since this game will be procedurally generated, it will be easier for me to make levels.

I already have a draft, but i will start at the end of february, since im still finishing my first game https://forum.level1techs.com/t/first-game-progress/111475?u=pointassasin, because "reasons".

28/02/2017

i got my first draft of some levels for this game, well its more like a doodle, since this game will be procedurally generated, im trying to make scenarios tailored to a cubic style so im gonna convert this doodles to cubes and geometrical shapes to be able to make a random level generator on UE4.

02/03/2017

Since im trying to make the levels procedural, i tried to make a simple level with geometrical shapes to test the load on a mobile device and also check if my random level generator its indeed working accordingly to my settings, going well so far...

02/03/2017
i think i went a little overboard with the customizations of my level generator, now it doesn't work on mobile...

05/03/2017

Fixing Camera and starting to build the multiplayer blueprint.

21/03/2017

Damn, learning blender it's really hard.

23/03/2017
more progress on the 3d model

28/03/2017

Well once again, im a little over my deadline, and not just a little, a lot, i mean a lot, but in the meantime i will show my slow progress on this adventure.

29/03/2017

more progress on the character model

First level ( 20% complete), working on multiplayer and combat system.

more progress

29/jun/2017 Blender Blender Blender...

A little busy learning blender, but i think im starting to get a small grasp on it.

1 Like

Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Ooh, 1v1 fighting games are tricky... Curious to see what will come out of this :)