Searching for stand/mount for Samsung CRG9

Hi there.

For some time now, I’m been the happy owner of the Samsung CRG9, but awesome thought it may be, the stand is way to big, or deep rather. If I really make an effort, from the wall to the very back of the monitor, I can perhaps get 16.5 cm (some 6 1/2 inches). That needs to be less, and preferably whatever solution I end up with, should be mounted permanently to my desk.

The standard stand is quite good actually, including 3 adjustable axis and of course height adjustment too, however all I really need is height and tilt adjustment, and I’d be quite okay with these adjustments having to be set permanently. Once I’ve set it up to my preferences, I’ve got not need to adjust.

The issue of course is that I’ve been searching far and wide for a solution, and I haven’t even succeeded in finding a bad one. I mean I basically just need a stick with a vesa mount on the end of it.

So, I hope that someone can help.

Also while I do prefer cheap rather than expensive, money isn’t really an issue. This is a matter of achieving perfection, and you can’t put a price on that.

Best regards.

edit:
I think I’ve actually found the perfect solution… sort of.
It not quite high enough, but I can work around that, height adjustment is difficult and there’s no tilt, but who needs that anyway. Also it’s very easy to mod.

Anyway, here’s the link and unless anyone come up with some brilliant idea, that’s what I’m ordering.

1 Like

What is it you’re actually aiming for here?

2 Likes

The Samsung spec sheets says the the panel by itself is 11.6kg which is about 25.5 lbs so it should work on an Ergotech Heavy Duty Freedom Arm which supports up to 30.8 lbs. I’m already using one with my Samsung 34" ultra wide and I plan on trying it with the CRG9 49" once I can get my hands on one. It’s not the cheapest stand but it is very high quality. I don’t adjust the height very much but I love the ability to easily adjust the viewing distance.

Ergotech Heavy Duty Single Freedom Arm

2 Likes

Ordered this for my apple thunderbolt display 23.3lb monitor the arm can do 30lbs
16.99$

2 Likes

At a bit less than 26lb (11.6 kg), I suppose that’ll do.
Can’t say that I’m a fan of the extendable arm, though I suppose it could come in handy, especially when watching movies from the couch. After all, the monitor is not that big.

I’m gonna see if anything more interesting shows up, but if not, I might just end up buying this one.

Thanks

2 Likes

Yes, it’s probably more something along those lines I’m after.

I’ll have to investigate further before making a decision, but now I have some options, so thanks a bunch.

I have the vivo triple monitor stand with a different base. Its OK stuff. Not great obviously. you’ll have to set the height and lock it there, but it does pan, tilt and rotate. Not the worse I’ve seen for the money.

1 Like

Actually I’d rather it didn’t rotate or pan, but I guess you can’t not have it all. :wink:

Theres detents every 90° on mine. Not sure about that one. also dont know how good the clamp mount is. I have the other style stand.

There’s a solution to every problem. Everything can be modded.

1 Like

I dont think it will be a huge deal for just 1 monitor.

There’s also the weight to consider. I assume the 22 lbs limit is there for a reason, but don’t sweat it. I’ve got it under control. As I wrote earlier, I pretty much just need a stick with a vesa mount on it.

I’m not sure where they come up with the rating but I’ve definitely overloaded mine, just had to tighten the clamping screw a little more.

1 Like

I think I’ve actually found the perfect solution… sort of.
It not quite high enough, but I can work around that, height adjustment is difficult and there’s no tilt, but who needs that anyway. Also it’s very easy to mod.

Anyway, here’s the link and unless anyone come up with some brilliant idea, that’s what I’m ordering.