[Search over] Looking for a new case

First off - it’s not me. I am extremely happy with my Arc Midi R2.
A friend of mine is looking for a new case.
He wants to have vertical GPU mount with decent spacing from the side panel so it can breath.
He also wants window and somewhat decent airflow.

I was looking at Cooler Master SL600M for it’s back panel rotation option, but it turned out it’s WAY too expensive.
He is looking at R6, but we are both worried the vertical GPU mount is too close to the glass.

We are both at limbo ATM. He really likes my Arc Midi R2, but it ha e only one vertical slot and that ain’t enough at all to support even the GPUs weight.

He was looking at extra bracket, that was allowing vertical mounting on the standard PCI-E slots, but that is not imported and delivery is stupid expensive.

So I come here to ask, what are we missing, other than Core P3 from Thermaltake?

2 Likes

Probably out of the price range, but Lian Li PC-011 should do the trick.

Could also get an aftermarket vertical mount conversion kit which should work for most cases.

1 Like

Yes, he was looking at getting one of those, but the only option is importing it, and that is stupidly expensive…

No vertical GPU mount, although he was looking at that as well…

1 Like

funny thing is I have this case… completely forgot it didn’t have it

Thermaltake seems to have a bunch of different options with vertical GPUs. Their “Level” series, View 37, Core P5, Core X9, etc.

The R6 looks like the card will have plenty of space. Looks like you could easily fit a triple slot card in there before having to worry about it being starved of air (based on the images I’m seeing anyway).

There are a couple adapters that replace your PCIE covers with a vertical gpu mount

not worth loosing access to all PCIE/PCI ports thought IMO

Core X9? It is huge. Like 2 feet high, 3.25 feet deep, and 1.5 feet wide.
But it has all the spaces. And is a flat mount for the mobo.

1 Like

seems like great airflow guaranteed with this one.

2 Likes

There’s this weird one too

The goal is not to be weird.
He just wants standard functional case with decent vertical mount…

The search is over…
I told him “Hey, have you seen the Cougar Panzer Max?”

And he bought one…
So search over, Thanks all for your time and effort :slight_smile:

BTW, he is replacing this: