Screen Flicker/Jitter

so i just went out for dinner and i left my monitor off and now its not flickering and the text that was blurry isnt anymore. and btw my computer recognizes that i have 6 gb of vram but the benchmark only see's 4? I think the problem either has to be the display port cord or the monitor but i have no way of testing the cord but i do think i could hook up my tv via hdmi and see if it flickers then only thing is i need to leave it on when its flickering because if i reboot my computer sometimes its not flickering.

ok so about 20 minutes of haveing monitor on and its flickering and text is out of focus. I hope its the cord or something and not my monitor. this is just stressing me out, i finally spent a bunch of money on this beast computer and its all F'ed up.

do you have another cable you can test with? another monitor/tv?

This is weird, I took at long hdmi cord from my tv and plugged it in to my gpu and windows automatically detects it puts it as a 2nd screen and what not, the weird thing is when i plugged in the hdmi the screen goes black normally and everything and the flickering and the blury text go away then i unplug the the hdmi and there it is its flickering and blurry text again i repeated several times to make sure. I really don't understand what is going on here. i made a video of the flickering but its really hard to notice idk if its worth showing you. also i took a look on the asus website here http://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1013113/ it mentions what sounds like my problem but i don't have the button there talking about its like its a different monitor but it was straight from http://www.asus.com/US/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/HelpDesk/?SearchKey=pg/

I think i got rid of the blurry text.

If you use windows10, you should disable dpi scaling.
That will fix allot of text issues.

Crashing games issue, i need to overread the topic more closely.
According to your posted screen, the gpu ussage is at full load, with only a few drops.
Did you do any overclocks?

no overclock is the gpu usage a bad thing or good?

i dont see anything weird as far as the gpu load is concerned.
do you have the latest drivers installed?

I noticed its the swift? Do you have another gaming computer to play it on. Could be a bad monitor? RARE but it could be

@MisteryAngel Yes i do have latest drivers, @cynicrf unfortunately no, I put a ticket in with asus for the monitor, hopefully they can help.

You should let us know what they say. It could just be a bad controller or DSP onboard

so far they sent me an email asking me to do some troubleshooting that ive already done like make sure its pluged in all the way check to see if cable is damaged use different GPU, do the reset thing in the monitor controls, and use a different computer and cord but i dont have another computer with display port or a different cable, i might buy a new cable though.

Have you tried modifying the timings in the driver to a CVT reduced blank style timing. it sometimes fixes those issues

i dont know what that is or how to do it

Nvidia Drivers right? hold on

So its in the custom resoultions area of your resolution settings. you can edit or make a custom one and choose the timings to be CVT reduced blank

so im on my laptop now because i did what you said i put it at cvt reduced blank and clicked test and then the screen went blank and said out of range and now its just black. how do i fix it?

@cynicrf How do i fix this id rather have the flickering then no screen at all

It should have auto revert if it does not work for 30 seconds? There is a confirmation screen that popsup with a count down.

If it has not reverted in 5 minutes. Ill help you reinstall your drivers properly

well it didnt and i force shut down my computer hopeing it would reset and it didnt