Schedule turn on without bios

Yo, thanks for taking the time to help me out with this.

I need to find a way to turn on a computer from a off state using just windows utilities. Task schedule only allows one to wake the computer from sleep as far as i can tell. I am also tying to shut down the computer at night. That was easy, but as a possible solutions could i restart instead with a delay between shutdown and restart.

There is no way to turn on from windows. Only other options is (network/remote)managed psu - this is solution for servers not for pc's, managed power outlet, or managed/advanced UPS systems.

There is a way to send magic packet that will wake - turn on your pc but if you plan on turning it on from remote location - you can forget about it - those packets are blocked on wan.

I'm not quite sure what you want but my first inclination was to suggest looking into "magic packets" (which typically uses ports 7 and/or 11). However, your BIOS does need to support this and you will need a small app at the other end to send these packets (which is not an app native to Windows). That might not be something you want to do -- or even can do. But if it is, please note that this feature is NOT going to be called "magic packet" in your BIOS. More likely, it will be called something else pertaining to remote power on abilities or something.

Next up would be putting the computer to sleep. This is not as hard as it once was since most modern systems can do this. But again, it might not work since it all comes down to what your motherboard and it's BIOS can support (hopefully ACPI S3).

But either way you go (magic packet or sleep) you're still going to need a capable power supply. And here's the thing about power supplies (ATX, ITX, etc. at least) -- they will always have an active 5-volt rail even when the system is totally off (and it's one big reason you're always told to unplug your system when you go digging around in it too). So if you want to take advantage of your mobo's sleep or magic packet abilities your power supply will need to be able to provide enough current when it's in the off condition (but still plugged into an outlet).

Barring all that, I suppose you could just use a lamp timer or go nuts with an Arduino/Raspberry Pi turning your computer on and off. I know that sounds silly but some people have done this.

I don't know if that's the answer you were looking for. But like I said, I'm not sure what it is exactly that you want to do...