Scarce documentation regarding UWP (Windows Applications) and using SOAP

(I know this is probably not the best place to ask about UWP code but hey! We're all a big family and we have different tastes so why not give it a shot? )

I'm trying to learn a bit about UWP, currently I'm trying to save and load data using SOAP services.

To GET data from SOAP is easy, and quite well documentet throughout the internet, but firm examples on how to SET data seems more scarce. So I'm giving my shit here to see if anyone ells has done this?

Has anyone come by a video or example explaining this method? I myself seem to have googled for 2 days without much of any luck.

All tips and hints are welcome, if you do got a line of code yourself to share I'll gladly take it!

SOAP and RES service are quite similar aren't they?. Asking cause i often see them mentioned togehter, and i honestly don't know.
I've worked some with RES services but never SOAP though.
For RES i used different serivce for getting data(client), and setting data(server).
e.g. a service of doing a lookup in a back end database, and a service for inserting data into said database.

1 Like

Most of the time it's used via a HTTP request, unlike using GET to retrieve data from a SOAP api (which you can use very simple C# to do) it seems that another type is needed to use to post data. Which I can understand yet is a bit confusing as well. It's not exactly the same as an ASP.NET webpage it seems.

Dunno if this thread answers your question.

Aaah I've found out the issue with the whole thing.

Started of with my teacher saying "Oh no the SOAP webb api is completed, there's something wrong in your code. After having an argue I got access to it and saw that it didn't have any handler to save code from an outside source. We've been working with ASP.NET where we uploaded our test websites to the server and there for got immediate access and there for didn't need this type of connection.

In other means what I needed to ad was something similar to this:

`
[WebMethod]

public void Insert(string name, string country)

{

string constr = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["constr"].ConnectionString;

using (SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection(constr))

{

using (SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("INSERT INTO Customers (Name, Country) VALUES (@Name, @Country)"))

{

cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Name", name);

cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Country", country);

cmd.Connection = con;

con.Open();

cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();

con.Close();

}

}

}

Just goes to show that your teacher isn't always right and my initial code to post onto the SOAP api which I though was broken wasn't.