Save me!

just built a pc with all compatible parts, yet when I booted it up the screen stayed blank. followed the video exactly, and not even the "no signal" notification came up... what is wrong with it?

is your monitor on?

here are the specs:

nzxt guardian 921 rbatx midtower

WD1TB hadrdrive

coolermaster hyper 212 evo heatsink

AMD 8320 CPU

kingston 4gb ddr3 ram x2

sapphire radeon 270x 4gb graphics

kingwin 750 wps

as rock extreme 3 r2.0 motherboard

yes

monitor worked when unplugged from the tower and plugged into my laptop

how are you connecting your monitor? dvi? hdmi? displayport?

DVI

is everything fully seated? memory, video card..

all power cables connected?

motherboard, 24pin and 2 x 4pins? video card is 2 x 6pins

does the pc power on? fans spin?

Make sure you have it plugged into your motherboard and not your video card. Without drivers for it, it usually doesn't display video until after you install them.

Windows has default drivers.  Also, it's AM3+, so there are no ports on the board anyway.

it was the 2 x4pins ... i may now feel stupid, but I do VERY much thank you

Haha, nice.  Glad you didn't have to end up RMAing anything.

we have the screen working and windows is now installed but it isn't recognizing the networking hardware and we can not connect the computer to the internet

we have the screen working and windows is now installed but it isn't recognizing the networking hardware and we can not connect the computer to the internet

You'll need to install the LAN or Ethernet drivers for the motherboard.  These can be found along with the chipset and other necessary drivers on the CD for the motherboard.  Alternatively, if you have another computer you can download updated drivers from the manufacturers website and put them on a flash drive.