Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ Crashing on HBO Streaming

Hello:

Last week I got a Sapphire Tech RX580 Nitro+

In game card runs great. No crashes so far, mostly playing a lot of PUBG.

However streaming HBO almost always locks up my computer. No BSOD just total lockup of screens and requires hard reboot.

There is no overclock applied to card or CPU and problem still persists.
I used DDU to uninstall all previous when I go the card.
AMD driver versions 17.7.1 and 17.4.4 were both tried and the same issue occurred.
I have tried raising power limit in Wattman and that didn't help.
Motherboard has bean in latest BIOS for nearly a year.

System is a little less than a year old and ran fine with my old Radeon HD 7870.

System:

Motherboard:
Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer
CPU:
Intel 4670K
PSU
Corsair CX 750
RAM:
16GB Corsair Ballistix 1600

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with video streaming or have a solution?

Best:

HBC

Could try different browser like this newer Firefox Nightly

What are you using to stream HBO on? Does it happen on other video content sites like Hulu/Netflix/Twitch/YouTube?

A while back AMD cards had some instability with hardware acceleration in browsers such as Chrome and Firefox. I would turn off hardware acceleration and see if that fixes the issue.

Well I was able to get through a whole movie on FireFox so seems to work.
Wonder what part of the driver isn't playing nice with Chrome.

Thanks for the suggestion MasterNurmi.

Section279:
It did not crash on Youtube or Netflix. Hardware acceleration was already disabled in Chrome.
With ti being a new card I was not able to find anyone with the same issue online. Hopefully a driver update will patch things up in the future.

Stay Classy:

HBC

If you dont like that Firefox Nightly and keep on using Chrome, then you could try just completely reinstalling it

Chrome doesnt really wipe everything like it has several times prevented me from logging in so that everything is just wrong account or password

The card is brand new?