Sapphire PULSE 5700XT Review! No TriXX up our sleeve... | Level One Techs

Article w/more detail up on the L1 website soon, check back here in a bit.

NOTE: We're probably a few weeks out from a public release or TriXX Boost. :D

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/sapphire-pulse-5700xt-review-no-trixx-our-sleeve
5 Likes

Finally!! I hope XFX tryes to remake their awesome gtr version of 5700 series.

That Pules on 2:15 tho :smiley:
Perhaps this is really good candidate for purchase. That Trixx software is windows only right?

Now I have to wait until it is available in Germany for reasonable prices…

exactly, love the video (and love Sapphire) but how about Linux performance and functionality? :slight_smile: Not just Trixx but also the “Radeon-Chill” or whatever it’s called on my current rx580 will probably only work under Win10? …:frowning:

@wendell

what kernel (fedora 30 just got 5.2.7) do you recommend being on to start using a 5700xt ?

So about a week or two, at worst :wink:
Caseking doesn’t list availability, Cyberport does and claim 3-10 days.

Mindfactory doesn’t yet…

And that’s most of the shops you’d want to order at anyway :wink:

PS: Can someone with a 5700XT, who happen to have Assasin’s Creed Odyssey and can test what happens when you load a savegame in Elysium or teleport there?

It pretty brutal for me. I switched to POP_os and paided for UKUU. Installed kernel 5.3.rc4 today. And have been copiling Mesa-master and libdrm-dev from memory 5.2.99 and all the dependances and I cant get games running well.
I only spend a hour or two on it per day but I read you need to latest driver stack and kernel to get a 5700(XT) gaming well on linux.
Ive got too lazy these days. I should be compliling the latest kernel as well :frowning:

I’ll try to see how it goes on 5.2.7 this weekend… maybe I can try the testing branch kernel again