Sapphire 5700XT Memory temps high

I’m having an issue with memory temps on my Sapphire 5700XT Pulse. I don’t know what’s left to try.

My memory temps are getting up to 92-98c after gaming for a while, this can be after 15-30mins. I can reproduce this easily after running about 3-4 short furmark tests.

My normal GPU temp and almost always even junction temps are lower than my memory temps. For example after 3-4 furmarks, Memory got up to 94c, junction/hot spot to 88c and GPU to 68c.

I’ve tried undervolting, by using adrenalin auto undervolt, have tried it manually as well. Tried DDU a few times as well. I’ve also tried switching to the silent bios, but this doesn’t change much or anything as far as I can see, regarding temperatures.

My card is in a Fractal Design Node 202 ITX case, paired with a Ryzen 5 3600. All other temps are fine, cpu is usually pretty low under 70c. There are two 120x15mm Noctua fans right next to the GPU, a few weeks ago they were intake, as this was recommended online, however I noticed high gpu temps. I turned them to exhaust and temps improved alot, however at the time I didn’t really checkout memory temps. I now turned one fan back to intake, but memory temps seem similar.

I’m wondering why the difference between GPU memory temp and GPU temp is so big. Did I just have bad luck and should I RMA it, or are there ways to fix this?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Test it outside the case to make sure it is actually the card.

2 Likes

Another Sapphier 5700XT owner here.
Mem temp from my limited testing is between 50 and 70°C for me.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.