Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Problems

Hello people of teksyndicate.com. 

I have recently (about six months ago or so) come in to possession of a Samsung galaxy S4. The phone has been very nice, and because I know someone that works for Verizon, i got it for free. But the problem is, earlier today, when i was taking out my wallet from my pocket, the phone came out stuck to the wallet and dropped to the ground. NO, when i shake the phone, the is a very faint noise, and the screen refuses to display anything, until i boot up the phone, when the top part of the phone flashes green. Does anyone know what is wrong with the thing? Help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Uh, you broke it?

Yeah I kinda realized that already..

Clearly it's hardware related. Is that what you were looking for? As for what you broke specifically, it seems to be the screen. Probably a costly repair, and probably very time-consuming if you aren't already very familiar with tearing down phones. If you're lucky, it may just be a connection issue with the screen to the motherboard (they're still called that in phones, right?), but those ribbon cables are usually on securely, and will still be pretty time consuming considering you have work your way in from the back.

According to iFixIt, it's an easily repairable device, but the screen seems to bit tricky.

• The glass is fused to both the display and the display frame, increasing repair costs.
  • You'll have to go through the entire phone in order to replace the front panel, since everything is built into the back of it.

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsung+Galaxy+S4+Teardown/1394