S7 Edge firmware flashing/ general Q

Hey folks, long time no see.
I bought an s7 edge recently (t-mobile version) and it is giving me a hard time. For some reason it doesn’t want to stay connected to metro pcs. I think the problem is caused by t-moblie’s software. The phone is supposedly unlocked, I might drive down to T-mobile to confirm.

I poked around on the internet a bit and discovered an unlocked version of the firmware for my phone. (I have model SM-G935T, unlocked firmware is for SM-G935U. Unlocked firmware is G935UUEU4BQJ5)

I am wondering how much of a pain it would be to change the firmware. I have never flashed any mobile devices before. Haven’t done much with computers for a couple years. (last time I used this site it was Tek Syndicate)

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? Got any webpages for me too look at so I can figure it out?
Thanks!

Samsung devices used Odin software to flash firmware last time I owned one. You can flash official ROMs this way too.

I prefer 3rd party software, these are some steps for that:
Download your favorite supported ROM (I like lineage) and put it on the phones internal storage.

Use Odin to flash the recovery image (cwm or twrp) and update the modem firmware if available.

Use recovery to flash the new ROM you downloaded earlier.

Profit.

1 Like

Do you know if there is any harm in flashing the rom for a different model #? Far as I can tell the only difference between the unlocked version and t mobile version is the firmware

As long as its officail its fine. Im running g930u on my g930v right now. As long as your fucking with offical ap and stuff flashing with odin or prince comesy odin you should been fine. It say unlocked but wont trip knox and be at 0x0 counter.

No bootloader is unlocked for the snapdragon just baseband.

Flashing g930u and installing metropcs app and changing the apn should fix your issue of not jusy also grab your current fw and flash back. Jist back up. If your using odin there is very little chance your hardbrick.

You lose a couple features but i think its worth it. Just rooting is a issie because its a engi keneral and you have to do some tweak to not get lag or battery drain with root.

Ok, thank you for the info. When I get around to it I might ask a couple of questions. I am currently dealing with College finals :frowning: