Ryzen VFIO build parts list + can i use VR?

Hello all!
Well the time has come again! My pc is now more then 7 years old
and except the recent purchase of a GTX 1080, i’m getting the feeling i’m overdue for a overhaul!
But since I’m a Linux man and Passthrough builds are now possible I can’t pass up the chance to make my new build a Passthrough build!

I have searched online for some parts in my price range, I will combine with some parts of my old build since they are still perfectly fine so that’s why some parts are missing.
This is the build I’m currently considering:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($224.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X52 Rev 2 73.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($134.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard ($143.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($204.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case ($86.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $795.64
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-06 17:07 EST-0500

The gtx 1080 of my old build will be the GPU i will passthrough to my VM. I know Nvidia is not the nicest company towards GPU passthrough but it’s a beefy card and I only got it recently so It would be ashame not to use it.

I’m considering a GTX 1050 for my host GPU but i forgot to include it in the parts.
Did I make any mistakes with my parts? Any tips/suggestions? I would love to hear them since this is my first PCI passthrough build attemt.

Also as a side question I currently own a HTC Vive do any of you guys/gals play VR games on your VMS? What’s the performance like?

Looks alright, you would save a little money getting going with the r5 1600, swapping the kraken for an h100 (they seem to be on sale fairly often for like 100ish usd) and getting a different kit of ram
maybe like this one
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Cf98TW/gskill-memory-f43200c16d16gvkb

Also, im unfamiliar with the IOMMU situation on the prime x370 so do your self a favor and check that out if you havent already.

Thanks for the feedback. I might pivot to a Taichi since I searched on the forums and a lot of folks recommend it. I don’t know if i want to switch to the 1600 tho since my current build already runs at 3.20 and I would like to bump it up a little (might overclock the 1600X a bit to)

Thanks for the recomendation on the Cooler I might go an search some more online retailers to get a good deal.

All the ryzen chips top out at around 4ghz so if your guna over clock then I really recommend you switch to the 1600, if your going with the 1600x you may as well get the 1700

Thanks for the tip. I might switch it over… I just hope i win the silicon lotery and hope I can clock it some more while saving me some money.

With ryzen there isnt much lottery, they all do 3.8-4 ghz with little problem. Everyone I know with one has gotten that with minimal overvolting.