Ryzen Ram OC nightmare 2018 June/July UPDATE! 3600MHZ REACHED! Check updates at the bottom of the post! SOLVED! 29/06/2018

Was it the Gigabyte board you where thinking of? The entry level X370 Gaming Pro Gigabyte board has that issue. The MSI is ok but not great but VRM’s can take up to 4000mhz. Should have bought the Asus Hero board in heinsight. But yeah RAM is fully supported, (had Ripjaws V and Hynix before, could only get 2666mhz no matter what I tried) 32gb kit too. The Trident Z 16gb kit are best possible match.

P.s Using the latest bios from last year already.

No, it was actually the high end MSI - power gaming titanium. The pro carbon have better VRM than the almost twice as expensive Power gaming Titanium.

Oh wow really!? I was tossing up on getting that now to fix the issue.

So there’s one concern covered.

Thank you!

1 Like

What sort of 3466 timings are you running now? and do you mean that 3600 “works” but cold boot just refuses to work

I got a single post to flash screen and it hung there. (The pic of the car in dos) @3600

3466 is almost perfectly stable. Timings are 18 19 19 19 39.
Im confused on the coding system with MSI an not all Jdec marry up with MSI in the bios as well. This is where I need the help.

The Asus boards are basically Jdec verbatim but MSI have done their own thing and Jdec only matches up in certain parts and not others for command and turn around codes. I hope I’m making sense?

I can get 3466 16-16-16-16-21-37, but 3600 18-21-37 just refuses to work

SoC voltage clears some oddity and fixes cold boots, if thats the thing where shutdown and start fails, but restart works fine

Thank you I’ll have a look at that once I’ve had a sleep as it 1am here lol. But it’s 3600 I’m going for now. I’ve found 1.45 Volts is the sweet spot on the ram. The SOC was on 1.0 then 1.1 no post. Back to auto and post weirdly enough.

But 3466 GTA V 2 hrs one crash, reboot and stable for over 2hrs at 4k. So 3466 not really an issue now.

It’s the push for 3600. If I can reach that with 18 19 19 19 39 I’ll be crying with happiness!

Ah I see!! Great, so you recommend 1.2 volts yeah? (On SOC)

Warframe and Destiny 2 have been the most aggressive tests I have played, like that last crash for tRFC happens after random amount of time and +1 fixes that one, but crashes before that happen within minutes

I smoked wayy too much while thinkering sticks, like going for smoke between every Civ V turn :smiley:

Lol I’ve been doing the same! 30pack in one day, so stressful this process!

Quickest way to find if its working is to just boot to Windows, restart back to Windows, then shutdown and back to Windows

There is very little stability testing outside of that, like 3 different settings :man_shrugging:t2:

So yeah if you can help me get to stable cold boot 3600 I’ll be forever grateful!

3466 I’ll work on those minor settings tomorrow to get rock sold cold boot stability. Once again thank you!

If you have any ideas on 3600 I’d be elated to see if they work.

I’ll check back with you tomorrow with results of your recommendations and if you have any idea of how I can achieve 3600 on the back of this please let me know.

Ok off to sleep finally. Talk soon

I cant do more than that step by step guide and its the first part what determines that part

Oh, and that points out important factor, those other settings stay identical regardless what speed you end up going

Like if you give up, you may still want to go through them with 3200 sticks, they will work with 3600 or 4000 sticks

Ok fantastic, I’ll definitely get back to you once I’ve implemented those fixes and hopefully we have awesome success!

Talk soon.

Ok one issue still remains,

I can’t find the LLC setting in the bios?

I have bought 4000 sticks as well, actually exactly the same Trident-Z CL18 2x8 kit. Idea was to try to get a bit more than 3200 stable and be ready for Ryzen2 (or plus or whatever) in april. Plan to switch from 1600X to 2800X or so. So I will test my luck in the coming days.

Google whats load line calibration’s name with your motherboard

Thats basically the tolerance how much voltage can adjust, and honestly, havent ever had any reason to use anything but the least variation one, and the other end which allows more variation has just caused more heat and is really scary when its suddenly peaking +0.1v+

Ok I’ll leave that then.

So final stable settings so far:

1800x @4.1
Ram @3466
Voltages not nice @ Core Voltage 1.450 Dram @ 1.450
SOC 1.2125
Timings 16 17 17 17 37
Jdec results for sub timings.
Manual input for tRC 58 tRRD_S 7 tFAW 48 don’t seem to stick with auto although the manual settings are the same.
Can’t wait for a bios update!!
So yeah testing about to begin. Have a feeling I’ll be dropping back to 4.0 for stability across the board though.

Fingers crossed for me guys!

Final settings stable!

4.025Mhz CPU
3466Mhz RAM
Timings:
CPU volts 1.450
NB 1.2125
RAM 1.440
Timings as bios but set to manual
Ohm’s 60.

Further testing but 4.1 no go. 4.050 on the ragged edge of stability with hard lock or freeze ups after game testing. (GTA 5 ULTRA 4K single player Trevor at the port mission one.)

2 Likes