Ryzen Pro: AMD takes on Intel on the corporate desktop, with one key omission

Well yeah ok, but then an APU is just a weak Xeon Phi? If you were going to use it like that wouldn't it just be better to get a bunch of AMD Radeon Sky9's and xfire them and use that as a compute unit? I believe Linus did a video on setting up a render machine and just stuffing it full of that shit. I don't see the exact point of doing that. Virtualization?

I'm thinking of the Jaguar cores now and how they manage the VM system of something like an Xbox One. But again, you could run GPU's as compute processors. You can't do that very easily in windows, or at least I don't know how to, but in MacOS now you can set up a GPU (or many GPU's) to not actually e used to display anything and rather just use them as processors, basically, and send them tasks to do. I think its easier in 10.12 vs 10.11 because of the Metal API though.

as far as I understand, yes.

Maybe @wendell can explain a little bit more in-depth, I never fully understood it either.

Eh it's pretty easy, just don't set them into Crossfire/SLI in the driver and you can use as many as the driver supports. For doing compute on them look for OpenCL (or CUDA specifically on nvidia). There are a lot of projects that use this type of stuff already.
You can also render graphics and compute on one unit at the same time. I have just one R9 390 and when I play low-graphics games I let Folding@Home compute in the background.

Not sure what the whole Metal API is about, actually heard of it the first time today when I read it's getting a version 2.