Ryzen Crosshair 6 Hero MB Killing 10Gbe Cards

it’s strange that other cards are just fine in that slot, where they also x8 cards?

1 Like

Yeah, I have now Tried Several x8 Cards, a Few x16 Cards, a BUNCH of x4 Cards, and a few x1 Cards. I’ve Tried Gen 1, 2, and 3, and I have tried a variety of Nics, RAID Cards, Sas Cards, USB Cards, 2 Video Cards, a few Sound Cards. None of them have any issue whatsoever. In Fact normally what sits in this slot is a x8 Gen 2 (Just like the 10Gbe Card) 4 Port Gbe Card that I normally use as a SMB3 Multichannel Link to My Server. That card works without issue, and is back in the Same Slot right now, working without issue.

I was just hoping to upgrade the speed a little, didn’t anticipate this issue unfortunately…

honestly I would RMA the board, two dead cards is enough for that imo and if a fresh board killed a third i would just stay away from that card

1 Like

You are probably right… I have a voice in my head telling me the same thing… Just a month or so without my board and I will go crazy… LOL. Its Not only my work machine, its my Gaming, VR, Video and Audio Editing, and Entertainment PC. I stepped up to this from my 8370 earlier in the Summer, which is the system I used to TRY to do all that stuff on, and I haven’t looked back since. I have never been so happy with a build that I got to keep. I build and Service PC’s for a Living, on top of Mainting and Building Networks and Servers, and this still has to be one of my most satisfying projects (except for the Threadripper Build I did for a client a few weeks ago) until now. I may just buy another board and then RMA this one so I don’t have to wait and then hold on to the RMA’d one until I have another purpose for it when it gets returned, but not sure I am sold on any other board on Ryzen Platform other then the Crosshair, but the Crosshair, while it has all the features I want, has kind of been a disappointment in the BIOS department, and a few other little quarks I don’t like, I just have not seen another one I like better yet…

Anyway, You are right. But if you can think of anything else to try, please let me know. I am also hoping someone with a intimate knowledge of the Ryzen Advance BIOS Settings will Chime in. There are a lot of settings with regards to how the Bios Treats PCIE Slots that I just don’t understand, they are basically settings that the Motherboard Manufacturers get from the AMD AGESA that they then let us manipulate. Right now I have all of those settings on auto because I have no idea what the hell they do, but I am hoping someone else might know, maybe they have something to do with what I am dealing with. The settings I am thinking of are labled something like “PCIE 1 Tuner” or something to that effect, and there is settings for 1 through 3. It has me curios. Anyways, I will shut up now. Thank You For your Help guys!

These are the settings in the BIOS I am talking about, they are the ones in middle having to do with PCIE