Ryzen chipset driver updates

Today I figured I should check if new chipset drivers are available for my X370 board. When I visited AMD’s site I noticed a rather new one is avaiable. But when I tried to install it, the installer claimed that I’m already on 17.30. Are these updates delivered via Windows Upate? Or is something wrong with the driver’s version checker?

Edit: Sorry my bad - I apparently misinterpreted the date format DD/MM vs MM/DD…

Ok apparently I did not misinterpret the date format, other people have similar problems:

This post if from reddit

So, in order to install new chipset drivers I need to use DDU, install chipset drivers and install GPU drivers again on top of it?!

New chipset drivers today… ya… I don’t even know ? installed 17.50.02

local is 17.40 and the recommended is 17.12.1

1 Like

According to AMD’s site the new driver should be 17.30. It is apparently recommend to uninstall the drivers, install chipset drivers and then GPU drivers since chipset drivers would overwrite GPU drivers or something like that.

I opened a topic related to this on AMD’s site, maybe you could chime in since this is anything but user friendly.

I checked in my uninstaller for versions. Lists by date but its not specific enough. List chipsets but does list anything by gpu drivers. My Belarc did not help me at all and I need to reboot.

I have to agree … this is a mess ! I want the gui version , chipset version, and gpu version listed separately and clearly. Is it even possible to have dated versions or do they force everything forward ?

I’m not sure, I noticed I’m on an older version because the Ryzen Balanced power plan is missng. But, according to someone on reddit, it is entirely possible that installing a new GPU driver removes this power plan…

never used it… always kick my power plan to performance.
Something to go look at

I’ve set it to high performance as well, due to a bug that resulted in rather sluggish behaviour. But I do believe that the Ryzen Balanced plan should have fixed this.

First tier power setting lists… amd balanced plus all the norms. Seems to change settings.

I gonna do a duh… flipping through the gui does give more info. The problem is that this is not listed clearly at the system level.