RyZen : Benchmark your CPU vs AMD RYZEN

That's a fast CPU there. I have the non-K version (which is basically the same CPU but with VT-D and limited OC options) OC'ed to 3.8GHz and that was 20+ seconds slower than your stock clocks.

I'll re-run the benchmark resetting the BIOS. It does pretty much live in turbo since it's under a 240mm AIO liquid cooler, and it is in a fairly clean OS with Aero disabled, but even so, that's quite a descrepancy.

I ran the render on my pc out of curiosity. I got 31 seconds and 7 minutes

pentium e2200, ran on linux

1 Like

The clockspeed I heard was locked at 3.45Ghz

Found a video of a 48 core machine running the benchmark:

The 2 seconds it is slower than the test I ran makes me wonder if Blender might be at capacity limit there.
3 Likes

So I eventually got around to running this on my Pentium 4 517 and it only took 22:06:96 on Lubuntu 16.10, not bad considering how old this machine is, plus it beats a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B which is nice.

Specifications:

• Intel Pentium 4 517 @ 2.93GHz (also has hyper-threading)
  • Gigabyte GA-8TRC410MNF-RH
  • 2x512MB @ 533MHz

I've actually done some benchmarking on this machine in the past using Cinebench and it scored 12 points which I outlined in this topic:

1 Like

Updated Graph:

4 Likes

ye blender in linux seems pretty much working and utilizing all possible performance unlike winbullshit :S

1 Like

FYI
Some "leaked" RyZen CPU info:
http://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/102184-amd-ryzen-processor-full-lineup-leaked/?print=1

Blender for Linux is compiled with more optimization flags compared to the Windows binary. Compile it for win with similar flags and you'll get similar perf.

7700k came in today. Yeah, I know, im an idiot. It was on sale tho. Should have waited, but I'm probably not going to be buying an AMD board anytime soon. I already had the 6600k and found it to be lacking in some situations when it came to VR and such, so this was the only logical next step anyway.

Specs:
Wandows 10
i7 7700k
GA-Z170-Gaming 3
DDR4 @ 2400
Corsair H100 GTX

First run, hit 82c on one core, stopped early to change voltage settings in bios.

Second run, set vcore manually to 1.245 highest core temp was 63c, 52.98s

Third run, went for the holy grail 5ghz. couldnt get the vcore high enough to run without thermal throttle and be stable. Need more time to play.

Fourth run, decided to try to push the 1.245 vcore as far as I can. 4.7ghz seems to be the sweet spot for that vcore. 65c, 50.50s

I'm thinking if I want to push it any further I will have to de-lid this thing to get better thermals. Its brand new though so I'll probably wait. If you guys want me to, I can install linux and give it a shot in that just to see what the numbers are.

gotta wub wub wub dat ant-ant-antergos

Had a run on my work laptop, Lenovo X1 Carbon with a i7-6600U, while running work stuff and watching a video :) ill try a clean run later.
time 03.20.80

Im working on running it on some server hardware, and im so excited for one of them ;) its a beast :)

just tried on a not optimizied Blade server 12cores
first run: time 01.07.03
second run: time 01.01.10

Power Settings changed to performance : 00.43.34

1 Like

55:82 with
xeon 1231 v3
16gb ddr3 1600
linux mint 18
zotac gtx 1070 amp extreme
mushkin reactor

didnt mess with anything in bios (new mobo) and the other guy did and got a significantly slower time on windows. it's official, windows sucks.

1 Like

How does it feel beeing 00:00,26 seconds faster than the i5-4690k?

4 Likes

To be fair the score for the i5 was from my 4690K overclocked to 4.6GHz and the render was ran on Linux instead of Windows 10 which we know has a significant decrease in performance for this test.

Clockspeeds should be in the screenshot aswell. Seems you have to open it in a new tab to see them. Wierd.

Just found it funny. For 40 bucks more, you get a tiny bit of performance that stays within 1% tolerance (margin of error).

The orange box is the indicator for missing value. Which flavour of Linux were you running?

1 Like

Its still impressive that the i5 has this level of performance even if software favours Linux, on Windows 10 LTSB I got 1 minute and 27.87 seconds @ 4.4GHz which isn't too bad for an ageing i5.

Also I was using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

1 Like

Im gonna try it on a 88 core machine later today or tomorrow ;)

1 Like

Thought I'd give it a go again, it's been a month, a Distribution and Kernel upgrade.

Results: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 4.30GHz Time:00:44.93
On a Fedora 25 (Wayland). No real difference from original.

1 Like