Ryzen - Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 Review + Linux Test | Level One Techs

There’s 8x SATA ports on the motherboard, 4x of them can be used as 2x SATA Express (-> 4x SATA + 2x SATAe total).

Also, if you want to use an m.2 SATA SSD, the 4th SATA port gets disabled (SATA3 4). (manual, page 18)

I am tracking the 8. I was just confused because he stated in the video that there was a total of 10 sata connections when you take into account the sata express. Must have just been a small mistake. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing some sata express to 3 sata adapter heh.

Probably a small mistake while reading the specs. The manual lists 8x SATA and 2x SATA-Express and while it’s only logical that SATA-Express uses 2x SATA ports (+ the small one next to it), it’s not explained in the manual.

Those are all the SATA ports on the Gaming 5 (can confirm, have it myself).

What bothers me a bit though is that the m.2 slot is located under the first GPU slot (PCIe x16). Had to use MSI Afterburner to keep the fans on my GPU spinning, otherwise the m.2 gets a bit warm (60°C without GPU fans spinning, ~44°C with them spinning). Wattman stops them if the GPU is under a certain temperature (and it’s a bit wonky), but MSI Afterburner overwrites it.

Has anybody on linux having audio issue do to the dual audio codecs?

@wendell: Could you please share updated IOMMU groups from this board. After AGESA 1.0.0.6 it should be way better. Thanks a lot!

Any word whether they’re actively working to separate the IOMMU groups going through the PCH? This board has 2 NICs and I prefer not to use a ACS patch to separate them.

I hear the AGESA 1007 patch now allows the SATA controller and HD audio to be passed through, but the PCH peripherals utilizing the reserved PCI-E lanes going to the PCH still have the same separation issue: https://paste.pound-python.org/raw/mOFBp5o4BbyG29q1HMnA/ (from r/vifo)

Can anyone post the BIOS options that are given for ECC memory? The ASRock has really good options in the Bios for ECC, and I would like to know if gigabyte is as elaborate for this motherboard.

Gamers Nexus recently used this board for a build with a Ryzen 7 1700 and reported an issue where the hardware sensor for Vcore was showing 1.55v Vcore when the overclock mode was engaged? Can any owners of this board elaborate?

Faulty readout probablly caused by recent bios update maybe?
You eventually could google it, if its a known issue with a certain bios version.
Then you probablly find more people having the issue.

Other scenario´s could be that he messed up something with his overclock.
Maybe on the LLC level settings or so.
But faulty readout is still my guess.