Ryzen 7950X / X670E Taichi VFIO Success (With Notes)

• i wasn’t asking for recommendations, the other user was.
    so that interjection was unsolicited advice that actively disregarded several fundamental things in my post.

• i already stated i selected the sku i want, and was exposing reasoning to the other person that actually asked for a recommendations, since they didnt give any specifications for their preferences or use case

• when a person states that x brand for x platform is dogshit, recommending that brand is nonsensical, to put it nicely.

• i named 2 sources for info if you want to “add to the discussion” and understand why am5 asus for gaming is a bad idea. do i need to take toilet paper to ppl’s behind as well?

PS: i think i know what i am looking for better than ppl reading a post where i talk about some of the reasoning behind my particular choice to explain to another person why recommending mb without any use case info or preferences might be hard. but sure, u may get the impression that you will, not only i know better my own preferences, i was specific enough about amounts i want, i never stated i want 10000 pcie lanes etc. only need a very humble amount of connectivity as stated originally.

@BuzzBumbleBee what ram make/model did you buy?

Just curious, @BuzzBumbleBee… were you able to pass through all of the Thunderbolt (and related USB) controllers to the guest with full plug-and-play functionality? I was looking at the block diagram for the ASRock X670E Taichi, and it seems reasonable to expect success since they are directly connected to the CPU’s PCIe 5.0 lanes.

i have multimonitor some of them with freesync.

but after i made the big mistake to use manjaro (and have a breaking os every other month) i now use nobara.
Which has several patches inkl gnomes vrr patch and kernl acs https://nobaraproject.org/