Ryzen 5 in the wild... Uruguayan Youtuber claims first Ryzen benchmarks

The unboxing

The benchmarks

Apparently near the border of Uruguay and Paraguay the Ryzen5 has been available for sale for close to a month, as was commented on one of his comment sections.

Social media post

#!/usr/bin/GOALKEEPERthoughts
----------

"

Some countries have all the luck.

What is so special about Uruguay.

"

Well if i go into the bios and select 3+3 configuration on an R7 chip.
I could also do R5 benchmarks basiclly.
Anyway Elrick from ToT also has his Ryzen 5 review kit allready.

The BIOS reported this chip as an Ryzen 5 chip. so no config changes to 'act' like an Ryzen 5 chip

Possibly, but from a Marketing point of view, this is a disaster. Having people sign NDA's but release the chip to public sale is pretty bad.

Yeah but just for benchmarking purpose you could basiclly make an R7 like an R5 and do testings.
The actual numbers on the R5 should be pretty similar at the same clock speeds afterall within a margin.
As far as i understand about it, the R5 cpu´s will have similar overclock potential to their R7 counterparts.
So i dont really see why there would even be an NDA on Ryzen 5.
Because it brings nothing new.

Interesting in seeing the overclock results of a the 1600x, it should be similar to 1800x but you never know.

Quick.

Someone give me an uruguaian website.

I need Ryzen 5.

The main thing i´m interested in is if the 3+3 ccx configuration on Ryzen 5 1600 series vs 4+4 ccx configuration on Ryzen7 is going to have a negative effect on gaming performance or not.