Ryzen 3950X + Aorus Master X570 Can't Wake From Sleep

I just put together a computer and I’m not sure how to go about fixing a problem I’ve run into. The parts are:
CPU: Ryzen 3950X
Motherboard: Aorus Master X570
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 5600XT + Sapphire RX 580
Memory: 2 X 32 GB Team T-Force Vulcan Z
Power Supply: Corsair AX 1000
NVME: Sabrent Rocket 4.0, ADATA XPG SX8200

Whenever I try to sleep in Windows 10 or Linux Manjaro I get problems with and without XMP. The first time after bios reset I get code C6. On subsequent reboots I get code 21, and have to unplug from the wall and wait 15 seconds to reboot. Neither is documented in the manual (both are reserved). So far I’ve replaced the motherboard with a second Aorus Master hoping the first was a dud but get the same error codes. I’ve also tried with all possible combinations of single NVMEs and single GPUs with no luck.

I’ve also tried all sorts of bios settings like ERP, power loading, power supply idle control, disabling the Realtek NIC, and enabling/disabling fast boot (no need for it). At this point it seems like either the CPU, memory, or power supply are responsible for my problems but I’m not sure which to replace.

Other than sleep wakeup I have no problems at all. It runs perfectly once it’s up, and boots/shutdown fine. I know I could disable sleep but I like to keep it on for Plex/samba shares while consuming little power. Does anyone have any ideas for bios settings or replacement parts?

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.