Ryzen 3700X Troubles

about a week ago

1 Like

Good, so we have time yet to RMA if we cant figure this out quickly.

1 Like

I kinda got the feeling that this might be a board issue.
But of course hard to tell if you don’t have a different board to test with.

3 Likes

ill try upping the soc voltage a little and see if it works

1 Like

I’m thinking the same thing really.

Almost want to say just RMA both the board and CPU for good measure but its not my stuff.

I have just tried upping the soc voltage and it just results in cold reboots until the BIOS resets itself

try running the ram at 1.35v 2400 cl14, PBO off, fclk 1200.

Thank you for your advice I have just tried that and it still does the same thing at this point I’m thinking perhaps I may have a bad motherboard

I thank everybody for their advice here I’m very grateful if someone comes across something else to try I sure would like to hear it

Honestly it sure has left me scratching my head because as soon as I fix the CPU voltage and frequency it is stable and can run all day the only downside is I miss out on the turbo features etc I don’t think it is the CPU because I would still be having issues at whatever clock speed I pick if it was it’s possible that the voltage regulators on the motherboard are not functioning correctly. I have read that this particular ASRock board has very crappy voltage delivery

Those settings are basically just to eliminate the ram as a possible issue mainly. Its most certainly down to CPU settings or a board problem.

try leaving the frequency set to auto and plug in 1.325 vcore

current bios/ all the system drivers updated/ chipset drivers/ all driver for the rest of the system.

Try to not watch voltage spikes too closely unless they stay that way. I personally would of not matched the cpu up with that mb. Steel series or the extreme series would be a better choice. The is often some funky ness with 64 gigs ram or 4 dimms population on the lower end mbs in class.

After looking at the mb… It is just a poor choice for full ram pop and the 3700x. A 3600 and under would of been a better match up. I understand about the matx lack of options.

Do you think a b450 motherboard would be a better option?

If they have better power delivery and you do not plan taking advantage of pci-e 4.

To give a reference point… this guy is not completely terrible :slight_smile: You should watch some of these types of vids.

I do not agree with this guy on some points but he does give out more info.

Thank you for all your help everyone I think I will get myself a cheaper b450 board I think at this point anything would be better than the ASRock one that I’ve got which is very disappointing because I paid $300 for that brand new and I’m certainly going to be demanding my money back

Go for a gigabyte aorus elite or something instead of going b450 unless you really want a b450 board for some reason.

2 Likes

Well yeah vrm wise the Asrock x570-M pro4 is indeed not great.
The same counts for boards like:

• Asrock X570 pro4.
  • Phantom Gaming4.
  • Gigabyte x570 Aorus Gaming X.
  • Gigabyte X570 UD.

These boards are pretty much all kinda terrible.
Al though they should basically be okayish for a 3700X.
And yeah if you need m-atx then you are pretty much out of luck.
Because there isn’t much other choice then the said Asrock X570-M pro4 even not on B450.
Unfortunately when it comes to AMD M-atx is pretty much a non option really.

If you want a great reasonably priced atx x570 board.
Then i can totally recommend the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite like @Adubs also mentioned above.
From the cheaper X570 boards, that is pretty much the best one.
Because this board basically has the best vrm of the entry level x570 boards.
And this board also isn’t totally terrible on features.
Because it comes with a good audio solution and intel lan.

I was waiting for the power delivery/vrm breakdown. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well yeah i can of course fully into vrm details of all the boards.
Especialy the terrible ones.
Because Msi also has a couple haha.

However for a 3700X even the X570-M pro4 should basically be okayish.
However @Metal_Lord might just be a bit unlucky,
that there might be something wrong with his particular board.

The strange part to me here is that if he puts everything at stock,
and fix the voltage then it runs fine.
So this to me makes a cpu problem less logical.
Maybe he could try to do a re-flash of the bios again.
Otherwise i personally think that the board is likely the cullprit.

But yeah still hard to say for sure,
if you don´t have a second board to test it out.

This were we disagree. :slight_smile: Power delivery on this mb is not acceptable for full ram pop and an overclocking cpu.Let alone the vrm cooling.While technically…yes it can do it. More than likely not without tweaking and some extra considerations about cooling it.

1 Like