Ryzen 3000 series is great but there is more value for money else where

Title wasn’t click baity though I have changed it, will be doing a full comparison of 2700 and 3700x value. I would appreciate if you would stop being so negative and trying to get this post taken down obviously you have decided you have bone to pick today and this post was as easy target.

Jack is on crack.

@CrackJack, name a specific use case where a 2700 would be better value than a 3600.

One is cheaper, the other one is faster. Stupid comparison. Either pick two chips at the same price or with matching performance.

TLDR:

Buy once, cry once.

means well != being 100% correct

1 Like

Yup impossible to tell yet.
We have 3 generations of Ryzen cpu´s on am4 right now.
Next generation Zen2+ might be on am4 still,
But nobody really knows that yet.

I wouldn´t be suprised that we are going to see am4+ at some point.
And that might or might not be backwards compatible with current gen Ryzen chips.

1 Like

2700x and 2700 stock will run out eventually. At least you can use the same socket for the new one. Best dollar to performance ratio are used Xeons out of China on knock of x79 motherboards ifYoutube is to be believed.

Not accurate anymore, this is one of the guys that pioneered buying x58/x79 on the cheap and he’s starting to see it making less and less sense

2 Likes

Also if you have a 4gb or under card you’ll see some heavily degraded performance in some titles if your rig runs DDR3 due to it using system memory for overflow

Yeah I think it’s funny how many YouTube producers took his concept, added a ton of clickbait and rehashed it ad nausium with slightly different models. He singlehandedly caused the price rises by bringing awareness to it. I’ve been dying to put a screen in my tempered glass since his I buy power video…

If you buy old components, they are cheap.

Who knew?

1 Like

Final edit done, updated with chart from reddit was in the middle of doing my own but noticed someone else already did the work. Hope this gives some peeps some buying perspective.

Sorry but a 3600 is in the range of a 2700 and matches in multicore base performance as well as OC potential.

Right now it does, your missing the point that has been true since first multi-threaded cpu Intel northwood was slower than AMD’s fastest single but with in 2 years as more programs utilized the 2nd thread more until you saw a once slower two thread cpu beating a fast single thread cpu this has been something thats been repeated with first quad core six core and 8 core. Just look at benchmarks of fx 8350 it was a crap cpu but it handing intels 4 core cpus there arse on a plate in 2019. Yes today the 6 core is 13-17% faster on average right now but tasks, programs and windows as they all become more core dependent, you will see that the current 8 core cpu’s take over the 6 core. Not by a lot both CPU at the price are a good buy its ultimately your choice which one you want to get there is no wrong answer the 2700 prices have currently dropped again so there $190 vs the 3600 at $230.

Looking at amazon UK, both are 190,- pound.

Local supplier is selling them for 175 (-vat = $190) quid you can find them on other websites for 185 ebay is the cheapest Amazon isnt the best. Don’t really understand why your picking apart things I say looking for holes I said both the 2700 and 3600 are good choices to get for the price point. Your other point of there being OC potential there isnt the silicon is already being pushed hard we might see a 100-150mhz increase over the next few binning and process nodes thats it though 4.6 seems to be the highest a single core ryzen can clock too stable 4.3 on all cores which is only 100-200mhz better than the 2000 series.

Don’t really understand why you have chosen the hill “3600 is a much better comparison” to die on. Your making a pointless argument IMO. If you buy either its a good purchase if your needing more threads get the 2700 as it will be better if your a gamer sure just get the 3600. Both of these CPU’s make intels product stack look dumb just on there own.

Because for a good comparison you should at least have one similarity. Which in this case is price.
The other two would be performance (which they are trading punches in too) and features.

See, that is what I think about this thread. Your thesis is that the 2700 is better value. And I just don’t see that to be the case.

Ok boys thats enough. The fact you guys are arguing over which AMD is best AMD is silly. The answer is all of them.

The only area a 2700 may be better is if you are say, partitioning off cores (e.g., dedicating cores to VMs in KVM for a VFIO gaming VM or such).

With the 2700 vs. 3600 - you have more physical cores you can allocate. So whilst outright throughput may be comparable, you have more granularity with partitioning them off.

I think this illiterates the point you are trying to make.
Screenshot%20(918)
The one on the left is more attractive to me, especially since people who are on a tight budget are gonna be looking at Motherboards in the 40 dollar and up range, the cheaper MB’s won’t support the precision overclocking feature.
Now for Intel

Now you do have to factor in the 30 to 50 off the motherboard, which IMHO still makes the red team more attractive to me

Back in the FX days many people choose the FX over the I5 because the FX was half the price of an I5 and MB’s where not only cheaper but had a 40 dollar off vs 20 dollar off deal.
People went nuts…

There are two ways of looking at MB’s
“WOW what a sexy beast!!!”
“It’s a peice of plastic that holds the CPU…nothing more”
Both are valid, I am the latter group.
Sometimes looking at a posters PC specs explains where that person is coming from, if a guy has a 1000 dollar system he wants to upgrade my viewpoint probably won’t be helpful.

BTW I am a huge AMD fanboy, there is nothing wrong with this. If someone bought a 69 Mustang off the lot 50 years ago and only buys Ford to this day we used to say “He is a Ford Man”.
Telling him the Camaro was a better deal was a sure fire way to raise his blood pressure.
It was also allot of fun!

1 Like