Ryzen 3000 & Navi Megathread | Level One Techs

I don´t think that this would be an Asus specific issue.

But yeah…

Apparently Asrock also removed the feature:

The latest firmware for X370 Taichi, v5.50 (2019/4/24), removes the “Power Supply Idle Control” option off the configuration UI

Well you could try to email Asrock and or Asus,
what their reason is for deleting the feature.
Maybe they could give you a plausible explenation.
Likely not, but who knows…?

I was able to use the Global C-States option to disable C-states and still maintain Precision Boost. Turns out I goofed and turned on Custom Pstates in panicked menu switching.

FWIW, no issues on Asus Pro WS X570-ACE, BIOS 1201. It’s on 24/7, I only reboot when a kernel update falls on a full moon.

Okay, I just found something interesting about Precision Boost but I’ll share it in my own thread because it’s an extensive topic.

Just found out there was an update for my ASRock X370 Professional and WOW, IT SUCKS.
The voltage still fluctuates like before AND i can’t put my voltage at fixed mode, i can try to do it, but the motherboard doesn’t obey.
I also somehow can’t find the core frequency adjust anywhere, it used to be under Advanced>AMD Overclocking or simply at the OC Tweaker tab.
That’s it, i’m rolling it back to 5.80.

B550A looks really interesting. I would actually prefer that implementation over the ones with the real PCIe4 capable chipset even on higher end boards. That way you’d get a stable, proven base platform with no need for active cooling and could still benefit from PCIe4 for the most important parts.

Timestamped

1 Like