Ryzen 3000 & Navi Megathread | Level One Techs

3950X is probably for full time streamers that want to use x264 on slow on the same system. (and video editors that need extra CPU)

3900X would probably be better for those at the casual level of streaming, or as a dedicated 2nd streaming system.

Any chance for a sudo lspci -vvv from somebody with a 5700 XT, I’m curious to see if it’s still plagued by lack of actual PCI reset support.

2 Likes

What about handbrake uhd encoding/compression. With a 2700x an entire movie takes 12hrs to encode.

More cores helps there as well if you need to transcode.

1 Like

All I play is runescape and much older games. Mainly I transcode.

So did I, see megathread and other post on the forum

B450 mb …lol

Yeah, 'tis a shame that the bleeding edge gets shut out this time.

They want to ensure the AM4 socket actually backs it’s word about upgradability.

1 Like

Here’s something that Looking Glass users might not like about Ryzen 3000.

Write bandwidth in AIDA64 is HALF of that of typical processors.

I really want to see a comparison of the 3700X and 3800X. At first glance the 3700X is the obvious winner, why pay extra for such a small performance difference? But the higher TDP on the 3800X might keep it boosted higher and will probably help with overclocking too.

Overall very exciting stuff. I would buy AMD if I were upgrading today without a doubt.

1 Like

I have one request. For VFIO, could you benchmark a few games on bare metal win10 and then in a VM with one whole CCX reserved for win10. Or if giving the VM one CCX and a half what would be the outcome.

Basically I am super curious to see if there is a performance loss or even the opposite a performance gain in games.

I was thinking about upgrading to 3900X but, I would really like to see if there is a solution to watercool the x570 chipset instead of having a fan, and which motherboard would be the best for that.

Newegg has the ryzen launch not as the starting splash. RiP

1 Like

My biggest concern is the reduced write bandwidth for stuff like 1440p high refresh Looking Glass.

also on newegg… only way to get the 3600 non X is in a MB bundle…
wtf

update… they eventually fixed it so you could find them with normal browsing…

1 Like

Asrock aqua. Whole board monoblock

No release date yet, I hope we don’t have to wait too long

fucking WOW like im wowed poised to make me more money keep pumping that amd stock

1 Like

Mindfactory has already sold their stock of 3700X, 3800X and 3900X.

Interesting fact about this picture: This is from the launch day. Meaning everything that is sold out tells us how many of them they had on launch day.

(Edit: green “Lagernd” means: in stock, “Bestellt” means on backorder / sold out

On day one they had:
R9 3900X - 180 in stock
R7 3800X - 40 in stock
R7 3700X - 190 in stock

The 3800X seem a bit … too few?

2nd Data-Point: Everything else listed on geizhals.de (German price comparison site with superb filtering) is sold out for Ryzen 7s and Ryzen 9s.

2 Likes