Ryzen 3000 Build

Yes, I have to be honest I don’t really like the idea of a Chipset cooler but I sort of brought myself around to the idea of one as most of the x570 boards now have them.

Hmmm maybe an x470 might be back on the cards, we will see.

To be honest, I believe we won’t see chipset coolers on X670 boards. But we’ll see if this is truly the case, because I’m just speculating :smiley:

1 Like

This is probably the case. People already seem to be debating whether they are necessary on current boards, or whether it was just the AIB partners being overly cautious due to the sudden emergence of PCIe Gen 4 without many products currently available to test.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I think as well and why I am so against buying into these current boards.

To be honest, as much as I’m a fan of new PC stuff I won’t upgrade my CPU + Mainboard (Ryzen 2700X, ASRock X370 Taichi) in this generation or the next. Maybe X770 or X870, we’ll see.
Then, there’d probably be a good reason to pick up a PCIe 4 GPU and a nice NVMe, but we’ll see. (If I had to upgrade right now though, I’d probably pick a X570 board. What annoys me on many coolers though, is that is located in a way that the GPU would blow hot air into the cooler. I think MSI has their coolers rather on the bottom, but I don’t know if this would be beneficial.)

I don´t really get all the fuzz about the chipset fan really.
I mean till now i have not really heard many complaints,
about them from the people who actually have boards with them.

So i personally don’t get all the fuzz around it really.

15W to 18W of heat output is something i would consider a reason,
to actually cool it.

1U Server fans

Now imagine the same, but on a crappy chunk of aluminium that claims itself to be a heatsink.

Yes, I would put a 15W rated heatsink on it and no fan.

1 Like

You actually want to size up by 5 watts usually to avoid heat soak but yeah cooling them would be key to stable operation

UPDATE

Well after a while of saving and deciding on what I wanted I have finally bought the parts. In the end I went with:-

Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
Ryzen 3900X
BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Cooler
GSkill Trident Z Neo 16GB 3600Mhz

PC is in the process of being assembled. I have updated the BIOS as the board I have was shipped with F4. I have applied the 3 dot method to see how the Thermals behave and will be following the guide to perfect UEFI settings as published by @wendell.

Pics to follow shortly :grin:

5 Likes