Ryzen 3 - it can boost all by it's self - pretty sure

Probably off topic since I am not over clocking anything except the memory - and those results and other posts can be found else-where in the forum topics but, I just had to share this screenie.
There is not OC applied or anything other than defaults for CPU settings.

1 Like

What’s wrong with your CPU? I see that the max clock is 4.5GHz for every core so that’s perfectly in line with AMD specs. Max voltage looks a bit too aggressive at 1.5V. Other than that, if you don’t enable PBO+ and increase the power target of the chip you can’t get much more out of it.

1 Like

That 1.5V is normal, it happens on my 3700X too if PO is not enabled. Or at least, this is what HWInfo and Ryzen Master report. Enabling PO leads to a lower single core boost (0.05-0.1 GHz) and a higher all-core boost (0.05-0.1 GHz). Wendell explaiend it a bit, when the current is low the voltage of 1.5 V can’t do much harm but when the current gets high and the voltage is high then you get a nasty pheonomnon called electromigration (Wikipedia has an article on it) which shortens how long your CPU will offer its best possible performance. The voltage for an all core load is very low on Zen2 (<<1.35V), that is why it clocks so low (4.0-4.1 GHz). This will probably remain a problem for all CPU’s on 7 nm nodes or smaller, the smaller the node the more this electromigration is a problem.