Ryzen 2400G – Integrated GPU passthrough

I’m planning on building a white box server to use as a NAS and running a few somewhat graphically intense Windows applications. I’d like the server to be as small as possible and figured I might be able to use the Ryzen 2400G APU. But I’d like to know if it works before I purchase.

Is it possible to pass the integrated GPU in the Ryzen 2400G to a Windows VM? Has anyone tried?

I’ve been looking all over the internet but I haven’t been able to find any information on any attempt at this. If someone has this APU maybe they could give it a shot? I specifically want to passthrough the integrated GPU, not a separate discrete GPU.

1 Like

I think a lot of people are curious about the dGPU passthrough and how many threads to give to the VM.

It will depend on the IOMMU groups, and you’ll have to forgo a DE and use SSH.

The people running unRAID are basically also GPU Passthrough people, except they’re paying for a version of Linux with QEMU/KVM pre-tweaked. Maybe you could try asking on their forums.

https://forums.unraid.net/

1 Like

That was a damn good reply to their question. This was something I am interested in, and I feel you gave me some directions to look into, thank you. Does anyone else happen to have any input?