Ryzen 1700X Build Instability

Hence why no changes in the UEFI. Test with OCCT at what speed the MB chooses as default. Likely 2133.

That ram should run at speed though. Maybe some tweaking. Let’s see if we can pass the test first.

I’ll try it, but I’m not optimistic that it will pass, because when I got the board, I made no UEFI changes and the OCCT test failed.

So basically the history of my testing has been:

• Built machine
  • Installed Windows 10
  • Installed testing tools
  • Ran CPU: Linpack and it failed after 10-15 minutes
  • Ran CPU: OCCT and it failed after 25-30 seconds
  • Updated UEFI Firmware
  • Ran same tests and they failed in the same way
  • Started this thread and followed the suggestions made so far and they failed the same way after every tweak

I’m thinking different MB is the right call, but we’ll see…

My 1700 wants 1.36v “Taichi LLC5 1.312-1.356” for that 3.8GHz

@Raziel If I do have to ditch the board, do you think this would be a safer bet? https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157779

It should be, but I am not familiar with this MB. Do you need small form factor?

Need? No, although I already have the mid-tower case and would prefer not to have to switch that part out too.

I was trying to go slim because I really only need three peripherals:

• SSD (m.2) for OS
  • PCI-e for GFX Card for gaming
  • HD for game storage

So your mid tower does not support ATX… strange. This would be my choice for entry level X370:

Sorry, I misspoke. It’s a mini-tower, not mid-tower.

Yeah well micro atx isnt really the most ideal formfactor for Ryzen overclocking.
There just arent great m-atx am4 boards yet.

Looks like the motherboard was the issue. Bought the ASRock Fatal1ty and have passed 3 OCCT stress tests with CPU staying under 60 degrees!

Working on running a GPU stress test now, and if that works I’ll move on to PCMark / 3dMark.

Thanks all!

1 Like

@evshell18

Well I tried its bigger brother for a Ryzen 5 1600 build… DOA…