RX 7900 XTX Double Trouble

Also the “processing drama” is not limited to minecraft, it is also happening in normal web browsing. Especially on pages with less optimization and a lot of graphical elements.

Have you tried changing USB ports?, Also have you installed the latest driver for your chipser off amd.com/support

I am on 23.1.1, but I will try to swap my USB ports, perhaps it is the controller that is overloaded.

ryzen usually has some favorite ports, but the input lag shouldn’t really be a problem

This never happened when I was running on the IGPU for whatever reason, why would adding a dedicated GPU change things?

That is weird
I wonder if the PCI-E 16x is being completely saturated since its running 3.0
try enabling Re-BAR
@wendell might be something to investigate, I recall on epyc it really didn’t like the entirety of its lanes stressed with U.2 nvme

ReBar is currently greyed out, but when I DDU the drivers the compatibility comes back. Though that is also when I get frequent BSOD issues.

sorry I meant in bios

I looked up how to do this and found this.
https://www.gigabyte.com/WebPage/785/NVIDIA_resizable_bar.html
And I followed this guide. But the lag persists.

I should clarify that this “lag” is not a momentary thing. It often lasts more than half a second. And repeated keypresses and missed inputs are abundant.

The simple test I did was just to try and scroll on this website.
flamescans.org.
It was actually so bad that dragging my mouse across the screen was interrupted multiple times for at least half a second each time.

open GPU-z, and run the little render test on the right and screen shot it or just type what its running at loaded
you could not even be running 16x or 3.0 for some reason

this all sounds like the PCI-E lanes being completely saturated but it could be something else

Okay you’re at 3.0 and 16x alright, I can probably test this out tomorrow at some point at the office

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.