RX 6800 XT in linux

do the gpu fans work properly out of the box in a new pc build? Taichi X 570 Ryzen 5800x, RX 6800 XT, and Corsair 3200 c16(4x8) and I may need help (references videos) to install liquid cooling (first ever) Corsair iCUE H115i RGB PRO XT. thank you all.

Unless there is a silent mode (in which case, they start spinning when they are needed), the fans should go for a spin, right away.

For the liquid cooling project, - it depends on the tubing.
(I don’t recommend water cooling, because its not worth the money and belongs to the 90s.)

If your GPU has a BIOS switch, it’s likely set natively to the quiet mode [needing to hit %load / thermal trigger to kick on fans]. AMDs software, should also depict the current fan curve / 0rpm span

Yes. GPU fans are configured via the firmware, to have a sane default, on modern gpus. This means you can run them on any os and they’ll operate properly. You can change the configuration if you want through tools that are available on both Windows and Linux.

If you want to set your fan curve or fiddle with the fan settings, I’ve put together a utility to help with that: GitHub - mcgillij/amdfan: Updated AMD Fan control utility forked from amdgpu-fan and updated.</tit

Been using it since December on my 6800xt and Vega, and it’s been pretty solid.

1 Like

Thx sir!

Thank you sir !!!

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.