Rx 480 is here

The only thing funnier than watching Linus break stuff is reading comments from people who get triggered by it.

2 Likes

As much as I'm not a fan, I really dont think that he considers himself a pro xD

lol

He's I'm-gonna-wing-it-professional type of guy.

RX 480 Official specs (Polaris 10)

TFlops: 5.8 (Stream Processors x 2 x Core Clock Speeds)
Stream Processors: 2304
Texture Units: ?
ROPs: ?
Compute Unit: 36
Core Clock: 1266Ghz
Memory Clock: ?
VRAM: 4GB/8GB
Mem Bandwidth: 256
Mem Bit-rate: 256-bit
Power: 150w
DisplayPorts: 1.3/1.4 HDR

It's Texture Units and ROPs is still unknown as that could be telling of it's performance in higher res (1440p and up). Furthermore, with a little bit more OC say +100Mhz or +200Mhz (and I expect more OC overhead than that because of 14nm FinFet and 3rd Party Board Partners with their own beefy custom designs). It's theoretical performance is riding along the lines of GTX 1070 for only $200. Even more intriguing is its GCN 4 architecture which can give it several more advantages in Vukan and DX12.

I'm also intrigue by what their higher model can bring the table (RX 480x, RX 490 GDDR5x?, RX 490x GDDR5x?)

Your thoughts fam?

4/8gb?

I just bought an R9 380 to replace my dead GTX 650TI and all I want to do is go back to NVIDIA

I hope they don't fuck up EU prices. How can I not buy this at that price point?

3 Likes

If it delivers and they don't fuck up the EU prices (like nvidia did). This will probably go into the new rig I'm building for him

Bet will be more like £220-250 in uk

Out of interest why? I also want to move to nvidia

Ive had alot of issues with the card that I still havent got a proper fix too and its been alot more trouble than NVIDIA cards have been for me. I just made a post about a problem with the card.

R9 380 Issues

1 Like

Same for me, drivers are poor, displays always blink on and off momentarily for no reason, drivers crash, gets fairly got at stock and guzzles power like a train

My 380 just isnt performing either I cant even get 60 on fallout 4 with low settings its really annoying because ive been playing on high till now fine

are you looking at the 1070 then?

If I can find a good way to up my budget then yeah

1080p or 4k? Fallout 4 without mods on a 380 in 1080p should run at steady 60fps if you drop the shadow distance a bit. I play in 4k with a 290x and get 40 fps. What's your cpu?

Also don't forget that r9 2x and r9 3x series are a lot more power hungry than what's been shown at the computex live stream.

Im only running at 1080 and I have a I5 4460

Sounds like an optimization issue within the game, not something with the card. Have you got the latest patches and updates for the game and the latest drivers?

Its not just fallout I've had the issue with also GTA and Elite Dangerous with everything up to date

I can play GTAV at 1080p with mostly high settings with no problem on a 280x. Are you running into clock speed issues? Could be throttling for some reason, heat or bad power delivery or something.